Supply Chains ‘Need Cross-Functional Expertise’
More than 400 supply directors were surveyed in the Supply Chain Predictions for 2011 survey. 47.2% said that despite an awareness among companies of the need for supply chains to be customer-focused and collaborative, this is not being achieved.
Amongst the key pressure points mentioned were:
- supplier capacity shortage and constraints (50.6 per cent)
- increasing supply chain complexity (51.0 per cent)
- rising transportation costs (50.6 per cent)
- increasing commodity pricing (54.5 per cent)
- demand volatility (62.7 per cent)
Dealing with volatility in demand caused by increased price sensitivity brought about by the recession was found to be a priority in 2011, with those surveyed focusing on customer service, inventory optimisation, sales and operational planning and supply/demand balancing to deal with unpredictable demand patterns.