The CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership build on the skills and knowledge already retained by the student, however it will provide them with a greater understanding of the various roles and responsibilities involved in strategic management. This is completed by focusing on the specific areas of management tailors to their qualifications and professional needs.
It is designed for those in senior management roles or for those aspiring to gain this title.
Why learn with Distance Learning College and Training?
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for practising or aspiring senior or strategic managers.
The course covers the following areas;
- Strategic Performance Management
- Financial Management
- Change Management
- Strategic Marketing
How does the course work?
You can study at a pace to suit you; the more time you spend per week studying, the faster you will be able to complete the course. Your tutor will create a timetable for you, and will set you work and assignments to complete each week. If you can spend around 3 hours a week studying, you should be able to complete the course in 6 months for the Award.
Assessment is normally via assignments.
You will receive the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Your Course Fee Includes
- Study Materials
- 12 Month Institute Membership
To gain the Award you must complete a minimum of 6 credits from the optional units.
- Personal Development as a Strategic Manager (6 credits)
- This unit is about the leadership skills required by a manager to operate effectively at a strategic level. It looks at managing personal leadership development to support the achievement of strategic ambitions, and being able to advocate a staff welfare environment that supports organisational values.
- Developing Performance Management Strategies (7 credits)
- This unit is about ensuring that the performance of the team contributes to meeting strategic objectives. It looks at agreeing team performance targets, and monitoring actions and activities to improve team performance. It also looks at influencing and persuading skills and organisational politics.
- Financial Management (7 credits)
- This unit is about understanding financial data using a variety of tools and techniques, assessing budgets based on financial data and evaluating financial proposals for expenditure submitted by others.
- Strategic Information Management (9 credits)
- This unit is about using management information to inform and support strategic decision making. It looks at the importance of information sharing within an organisation, and at methods and processes for analysing management information and its impact on strategic decisions.
- Conducting a Strategic Management Project (10 credits)
- This unit is about identifying, researching and producing the results on an investigative project, analysing and synthesising data to draw conclusions and make recommendations that achieve the project aim, and evaluating the results and impact of the project.
- Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance (9 credits)
- This unit is about reviewing strategic aims and objectives, analysing progress towards organisational strategic aims and objectives and evaluating alternative options to support a revised strategic direction.
- Financial Planning (6 credits)
- This unit is about identifying, developing, agreeing and monitoring a financial plan that supports strategic objectives. It looks at the construction of a financial plan and how to gain agreement on the plan by explaining how it supports strategic objectives.
- Developing a Marketing Strategy (6 credits)
- This unit is about identifying, developing, agreeing and monitoring a marketing plan that supports strategic objectives. It looks at the construction of a marketing plan, and how to gain agreement for the marketing plan by explaining how it supports strategic objectives.
- Strategic Project Management (6 credits)
- This unit is about the development of a project plan and its impact on strategic objectives. It looks at the elements of a project process and plan, how to implement the project plan, the methods for securing stakeholder support for project implementation, and the evaluation of the outcome.
- Implementing Organisational Change Strategies (7 credits)
- This unit is about identifying and developing change strategies to meet organisational objectives. It explains how to use implementation models to develop a change strategy, how to analyse an organisational response to change and evaluate the impact of change strategies.
- Strategic Planning (9 credits)
- This unit is about the purpose, direction and implementation of strategic plans. It looks at how to select a strategic direction from a range of options, and how to review and monitor the strategic plan.
- Strategic Human Resource Planning (8 credits)
- This unit is about the role of human resource planning and the links with strategic objectives. It looks at the effect the organisational environment has on staff, as well as the legal and organisational frameworks for employment as well as the grievance, disciplinary and dismissal processes.
- Strategic Leadership (7 credits)
- This unit is about strategic leadership skills and the understanding of ethical and cultural issues within the organisation. It looks at how different leadership strategies are used within an organisation, and how they relate to the organisation's ethics and values as well as emerging social concerns.
- Strategic Leadership Practice (7 credits)
- This unit is about the links between strategic management and leadership, key leadership principles, theory and organisational strategy. It looks at different leadership strategies and their effect on organisational direction.
- Introduction to Strategic Leadership and Management (10 credits)
- This unit is about the foundation skills and knowledge of a strategic manager and leader, aimed towards those who are new to the role. It looks at how a strategic manager's personal development plan can impact on performance, at the use of quantitative analysis to understand data and at core marketing concepts, staffing issues and the evaluation and support of others.
- Developing Risk Management Strategies (9 credits)
- This unit is about assessing risk, developing an organisational risk management strategy, aligning this to business objectives, communicating and resourcing risk management strategies, and evaluating outcomes.
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility (9 credits)
- This unit is about developing an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy, aligning this with business objectives, implementing the strategy, measuring outcomes and reinforcing the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
Your personal learning support team are available to provide you with all of the support and guidance you need to get the most out of your course, this includes;
Your Personal Tutor
All of our tutors are industry experts with years of experience both working in similar roles to your own and providing first class tutorial support to students completing qualifications via distance learning. With Distance Learning College you are guaranteed to receive continuous feedback on your progress, expert advice and support tailored to your individual needs from your tutor. We are dedicated to ensuring you get the most out of your course and achieve your potential. You can contact your tutor via email, phone or post.
Your mentor will be on hand throughout your course from start to finish to ensure you receive all of the support you need. Our mentors have extensive experience in helping students to manage their learning around other home and work commitments. Their support ensures you make continuous progress and achieve the best possible results.
Student Support Team
Our student support team will take the hassle out of contacting awarding bodies, arranging exams, ordering materials and booking you onto student support seminars so that you can focus your time on your learning.