CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
The CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply allows CIPS members to apply for MCIPS status. The course is an advanced course, designed for those who have 3 or more years’ strategic purchasing management experience, or who have gained the CIPS Advanced Diploma and wish to progress further.
CIPS Professional Diploma is an advanced CIPS qualification, developing the knowledge and skills to plan and implement the strategic direction of a company’s supply chain, in support of wider business objectives. On completion of this qualification, students may apply for MCIPS status.
Flexible distance learning for your staff to fit with your business needs and develop the skills and achieve the qualifications for business success;
- Discounts on course fees for group enrolments
- Regular updates on student progress from your training and development advisor
- Flexible training packages tailored to your needs
- Networking with other businesses
We know that ensuring you are studying the right course to maximise your career development needs is important to you so why not complete our career assessment;
- Tell us about your work experience
- Tell us about any qualifications you have already achieved
- Tell us about your career goals and aspirations
- Our expert course advisors will assess the best options for you
If you are funding your own studies we can support you to get started on your course straight away without having to worry about paying your fees all at once;
- Flexible payment plans tailored to your needs
- Get started on your course for a small deposit
- Split the cost of your course in to manageable monthly payments
- 0% interest on all course payment plans and no additional or hidden fees
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those with strategic management experience in a purchasing and supply role, or have completed a previous CIPS qualification.
The course covers the following areas;
- Strategic leadership approaches
- Influencing stakeholders
- Leading change in the supply chain
- Strategic planning models (Ansoff, Bryson, Mintzberg)
- Project management approaches (Six-Sigma, DMAIC, PRINCE2, Critical Chains)
- Corporate strategy (ACI, 7S, Quinn)
- Core competence analysis
- Project planning and implementation
- Financial decision making
- Public sector programme management
How does the course work?
You can study at a pace to suit you. Your tutor will create a timetable for you, and will set you work and assignments to complete each week.
If you can spend around 3 hours a week studying, you should be able to complete the course in 24 months. If you can spend more time studying than that, you could fast-track and complete the course faster.
The course is made up of five units; three compulsory units and two optional units.
You will sit a three hour written exam for each of the five units. CIPS exams must be sat at an approved CIPS centre.
You will receive the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
Your Course Fee Includes:
- Study Materials
- 12 Month Institute Membership
- Leadership in Procurement and Supply
- This unit looks at leadership and management, including the theories and models that can impact on power and influence and develop effectiveness. It draws on a range of leadership contexts and addresses equality, inclusion and diversity for managing change and conflict. Students will gain an understanding of the importance of stakeholder communication and engagement as well as delegation and empowerment.
- Corporate and Business Strategy
- The importance of strategy and strategic decisions in procurement and supply chain is addressed in this unit alongside the methods for developing, positioning and evaluation of competitive strategy. The unit looks at the levels and structure of strategy and management of strategic resources and change in order to develop a strategic plan for the supply chain function.
- Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Understanding the corporate, business and supply chain strategy is an essential part of any business. This unit looks at developing a competitive advantage through the supply chain whilst also considering the impact of market change and supply chain segmentation. Students will gain an understanding of networked and value-adding supply chains, distribution systems and integrative and applied learning. Developing supply chain capability and measuring supply chain performance are topics within this unit.
- Supply Chain Diligence
- This unit looks at understanding regulations, standards and controls in procurement and supply and discusses benchmarking and performance measuring. It addresses corporate governance responsibilities, ethical practice and employment contracts in the context of international trade and globalisation. Students will cover funding, finance and identify the financial drivers to approach mergers and acquisitions.
- Programme and Project Management
- This unit is designed to give students an understanding of the key aspects of programmes and projects, including resources and objectives. Developing relationships in the supply chain and identifying planning methodologies, pricing mechanisms and implications for performance issues are all essential to managing risk. The unit covers contract forms, investment appraisals and strategic cost management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Legal Aspects in Procurement and Supply (UK)
- This unit provides an overview of English Law and considers contracts in the context of discharges, express terms, implied terms and remedies for breach of sale. It looks at various laws such as employment, intellectual property and competition and covers the implications of negligence and non-performance. Students will gain an understanding of offer, acceptance and settlements within business.
Your personal learning support team are available to provide you with all of the support and guidance you need to get the most out of your course, this includes;
Your Personal Tutor
All of our tutors are industry experts with years of experience both working in similar roles to your own and providing first class tutorial support to students completing qualifications via distance learning. With Distance Learning College you are guaranteed to receive continuous feedback on your progress, expert advice and support tailored to your individual needs from your tutor. We are dedicated to ensuring you get the most out of your course and achieve your potential. You can contact your tutor via email, phone or post however at Distance Learning College we also offer regular student support seminars to give you the opportunity to meet your tutor face to face and discuss your progress or concerns, meet other students and obtain further advice and guidance.
Your mentor will be on hand throughout your course from start to finish to ensure you receive all of the support you need. Our mentors have extensive experience in helping students to manage their learning around other home and work commitments. Their support ensures you make continuous progress and achieve the best possible results.
Student Support Team
Our student support team will take the hassle out of contacting awarding bodies, arranging exams, ordering materials and booking you onto student support seminars so that you can focus your time on your learning.
Student Support Seminars
We offer all students the unique opportunity to attend regular student support seminars which will give you the chance to meet our tutors and discuss your course. You can use the seminars to gain advice from our dedicated support team and meet other students to share your knowledge and experiences. We also cover assignment and exam preparation techniques to help you achieve the best results from your course.
Course Fees and Payment Plans
Course fees are made up of the Base price (covers Tuition, Support, Books, etc) plus Institute Membership fee.
CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply
The base price for the Professional Diploma is £1784.60
Institute Membership fee is £154.00
Total price for the course is
Example Payment Plan: Pay a 40% deposit of £659.12 then 10 monthly payments of £98.87 (6%) = Total payable £1647.81*
Payment In Full: Pay in full today for a further 15% discount = Total payable £1400.64
* Payment plan provided as a rough guide only - our plans are fully flexible. Call our Career Advisors on +44 (0) 800 0126 770 to discuss your payment options.
Enrol today and pay online
You can enrol on your chosen course by paying a 40% deposit on your course fees via our secure online payment option. One of our course advisors will then be in touch to arrange for you to get started on your course and discuss our course fee payment plan options. Alternatively, if you pay your course in full today you will be eligible for a 15% discount.
We are currently offering a 15% discount on this course. Prices shown reflect this discount.
When you study with us, you'll receive;
- All your course materials
- Membership of CIPS
- Industry expert tutor
- Unlimited tutor support
- In-person workshops (optional)
- Student mentor & liaison officer