Whether you’re currently serving, have served or are a veteran of the Armed Forces, Distance Learning College and Training (DLC) can help you to progress your career.
We are proud to offer a wide range of courses which are eligible for funding through the Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Services (ELCAS). Whether you want to progress in Supply Chain Management, or gain qualifications to certify your leadership skills, we are here to help you get the accreditations you need.
Read on below to find out how you could benefit from investing your Enhanced Learning Credits with DLC.
Taking the next step in your career
If you’ve had a career in the Armed Forces, you will already have a wealth of valuable skills that employers are looking for in their candidates. However, to progress your career outside of the military, you will need to certify these skills with industry-recognised qualifications, and Enhanced Learning Credits can help you to do this.
To be eligible to receive ELC payments, you must have accrued at least six years’ military service. You can earn up to three credits, the value of which will depend on the length of your service. Your credits will cover 80% of your course fees, with the remaining 20% being funded by yourself.
For more details, take a look at our guide to how ELCAS funding works.
The benefits of studying with DLC
At Distance Learning College, we pride ourselves on the high quality training and support we provide for ex-military personnel. This dedication has earned us a silver award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme for 2017, signifying that we have demonstrated significant support for the Armed Forces Community.
When you choose to invest your Enhanced Learning Credits with DLC, you will be able to earn fully accredited qualifications which are well-respected by prospective employers. Thanks to our distance learning model, you will be able to study in your own time, so your course can fit around your existing commitments in the military. You will also be able to take advantage of a team of industry-expert tutors, who will be on hand to offer support, guidance and encouragement throughout your study. Find out more about the benefits of studying with DLC, and take a look at our case studies to see what our past students have to say about us.
Our ELCAS-approved courses
At DLC, we offer a wide range of courses which are eligible for ELCAS funding, so you can find the option which is best for your personal progression. This includes the following options:
- Management courses: Our Management courses can help you to refine and certify the management skills you gained in the military, so you can work towards your next management role in a brand new setting.
- Supply Chain Management courses: If your military career gave you some experience of the supply chain, gaining a qualification in this field would be an ideal next step. Our courses, from providers such as the Institute of Supply Chain Management, are geared towards helping you get to grips with the processes and documentation you’ll need to know about, as well as giving you insights into how this sector works within a larger business structure.
- Logistics courses: If you have experience of managing goods or personnel movement in the military, you can use our Logistics courses to help convert this experience into an industry-recognised qualification which will help with your ongoing career.
- Accountancy courses: Accountancy courses at DLC can help you to certify your existing accounting skills, so you can move into a new career with high levels of job security and progression opportunities.
- HR courses: If you’ve been responsible for managing the welfare and performance of military personnel, you could be well suited to a career in Human Resources. Our HR courses can help you to certify and build upon your existing skills, so you can move into a satisfying new career.
Applying for a course with ELCAS
Choosing the right path for your professional development may seem daunting, but we are here to guide you along every step of the way. We’ve put together a helpful guide to applying for an ELCAS course which will give you an overview of how it all works. Once you’re ready to find out more, please contact us, and one of our friendly Course Advisors will be happy to talk you through everything you need to know.
Distance Learning College and Training is an approved Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) provider and a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant.
Our ELC provider number is 7038.
We are committed to honour the Armed Forces Covenant and support the Armed Forces Community. We recognise the value Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reservists, Veterans and military families contribute to our business and our country.
We at Distance Learning College and Training will endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant, which are:
- No member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen; and
- In some circumstances, special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.