Call Today
//How to apply for ELC Funding – ELCAS Provider

How to apply for ELC Funding – ELCAS Provider

We often receive questions on ELC eligibility and claiming information, so here is a step by step guide to the process.

Am I eligible for ELC Funding?

To be eligible to claim for ELC funding, you must first have registered yourself and accrued a sufficient amount of service before you can claim.
To have registered for the scheme, you will have needed to have completed an application form either in your first 12 months of service or during the 6 month period between 8 and 8 ½ years’ service from enlistment.

When you registered for the ELC scheme, you would have been sent an Acknowledgment of Scheme Membership, which details your entitlement.
To be eligible to use ELCs, the course you wish to undertake has to be a Level 3 (or above) qualification.

The table below shows the details of potential claims:

Tier Years of Service (from Scheme Entry date) Max Claim per Financial Year Number of Claims Allowed Length of Membership
Lower 4 £1,000 Max 3 Up to 10 years from Service Termination date
Higher 8 £2,000


How do I claim my ELC Funding?

Step 1:  Contact our Course Advisors (0800 0126770) who will talk you through all the relevant information regarding our Courses.  If you wish, you may ask the course advisor to put you through to one of our two Ex-Military staff (a combined service of 51 years between them), who will be able to guide you based on your specific military experiences; they can both talk you through the completion of the ELC Claim form (ELC 005.01).

Step 2:  Once you have completed your ELC Claim Form, it can then be submitted to your Resettlement Office.

For those who left the Services:

Please note that the following information must be submitted via post to your Single Service Representative (SSR) a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start (depending on your course) date/registration/enrolment date:

  • Fully completed claim form (section 1, 2 and 3) – provided as single-sided pages submitted via post unless residing overseas
  • Evidence of your last day of Service which can be one of the following:- copy of your discharge document, copy of P45 terminating employment, document stamped by Establishment/Regiment confirming leaving date
  • A copy of a utility bill showing your home address
  • Full information about the course that you wish to undertake to include details of your registration date where applicable
  • Completion and submission of course evaluation form for all previous ELC funded courses.
Royal Navy Army Royal Air Force
ELC Manager
Mailpoint 3.3
Leach Building, Whale Island
HMS Excellent
Tel: 02392 625954
Learning Credit Scheme (LCS) Manager, DEdCap, Zone 4, Floor 2
Ramillies Building, Army HQ
Monxton Road,
SP11 8HJ
Tel : 01264 381580
Learning Credits Administrator
Accreditation and Education Wing
RAF Central Training School
HQ 22TrgGp
Room 227
Trenchard Hall
RAF College Cranwell
NG34 8HB
Tel: 01400 268183

Step 3:  Once your claim has been processed, you will receive a Claim Authorisation Note (CAN Form ELC 005.02).  This can take up to 10 working days, however this may be extended if it has been submitted during a main Leave period.

Step 4:  As soon as you have the CAN, send it to us either by email or post and we will then contact you to obtain the required 20% personal contribution. Once this payment is confirmed, you will be sent your login details and you can begin your studies.
Units 19&20
City West Business Park
St Johns Road
Durham, DH78ER

If you wish to discuss how a qualification from the DLC&T can help you transition from the Armed Forces into Civilian life, please feel free to get in touch and speak with our Military Mentor; Martin on 0800 0126 770.

Alternatively, ask us a question via Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, and follow us to keep track of further information. #coursesforforces

[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 6348″ limit=”1″ width=”300″ height=”300″ title=”never”]



By | 2018-06-20T09:45:52+00:00 June 24th, 2015|General|Comments Off on How to apply for ELC Funding – ELCAS Provider