If you’ve ever thought of a role in accounting or bookkeeping, then look no further than Distance Learning College!
Why not take a gander at our guide and find out everything that you could possible need to know about our AAT qualifications?
Who are AAT?
AAT are the Association of Accounting Technicians for vocational accountants.
Whether you’re looking at starting your own business, becoming a chartered accountant or earning straight away after completing your course, the options are endless and with over 125,000 AAT members across the globe, you know you’re in good hands.
The AAT qualification is the foundation for a career in accounting. It provides you with the choice of three levels of qualifications which combine industry knowledge and practical skills, giving you the most comprehensive learning experience available.
Why chose AAT?
- 83% of students choose to study the qualification part time
- 35% of accountancy job adverts mention AAT as a requirement
- There’s the potential of earning up to £150,000 in lifetime earnings compared to a non-qualified individual
- 54% of employers pay for their staff to study the qualification
- 97% of members would recommend AAT
- 83% of students feel very or quite secure in their job roles
- Members in 100 countries
- After completing each level of qualification you now have new skills applicable to more roles.
A few reasons why you should choose accounting
- Organisations of all sizes need accountants. They play a massive part in ensuring that businesses run smoothly and make a huge impact on companies.
- Many CEO’s and Directors come from accounting backgrounds, meaning there are fantastic opportunities for career progression.
- There’s never a dull moment. You could be investigating an embezzlement case, supporting celebrity clients in divorces or bringing down MOB bosses – all of which actually happened. In fact, Al Capone, Paul McCartney and Robert Maxwell all came across accountants along the way.
- Build expertise to start your own business.
- Great salaries! Depending on the level of your qualification you could start earning around £22,000 but potentially earn £92,000 – not bad eh?
Even celebs study accountancy!
If it’s good enough for Janet Jackson, it’s good enough for us. Yes, there’s been an array of famous faces that have studied accountancy, just take a look:
- Eddie Izzard
- Janet Jackson
- Robert Plant
- Mick Jagger
- Kenny G
What can I study?
- Accounting & Business
- Bookkeeping & Ethics
- Computerised Accounts & Ethics
- Computerised Accounts
We hope this guide has answered any potential AAT questions you may have but if not, our Career and Business Specialists are always here to help. Give them a call on 0800 0126 770.
Alternatively, view our AAT courses here.