The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) is renowned for promoting high standards across the purchasing and supply chain sector, and their range of CIPS qualifications is internationally recognised.
Here at Distance Learning College and Training, we offer fully accredited CIPS courses to help take your procurement career to the next level. Studies show that members of CIPS can earn on average 29% more than those who are not members, so CIPS training is a real investment in your future. To find out more about the Institute and how it could benefit you, take a look at our guide to what CIPS training is.
The CIPS learning path
The qualifications accredited by CIPS are available from level 2 to level 6, with the aim of supporting learners through every stage of their career progression.
The courses available are as follows:
- CIPS Level 2 Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations – This course provides a solid foundation of knowledge for anyone starting out in a procurement career. The level of this course can roughly be compared to a Level 2 NVQ or GCSE grades A*-C.
- CIPS Level 3 Advanced Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations – This course will build your knowledge of purchasing procedures and relationship building. The level of the course can roughly be compared with an A-level, although the subject matter of the course is much more practical and industry-focused.
- CIPS Level 4 Foundation Diploma in Procurement and Supply – This course focuses on organisational procedures and processes including negotiation, planning, risk management and data analysis. The level of the course is roughly equivalent to a BTEC professional qualification.
- CIPS Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply – This qualification is designed to provide senior buyers and supply chain managers with the knowledge and skills they need to fulfil their objectives and make improvements within their organisation. The level of the course can roughly be compared with a foundation degree or higher national diploma.
- CIPS Level 6 Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply – This course is aimed at senior procurement professionals and heads of department, and it focuses on strategic direction in areas such as change management, team leadership and stakeholder management. The level of this course can roughly be compared with a batchelor’s degree or NVQ Level 4.
You can find more detailed information on what each course involves in our guide to what CIPS levels mean.
Once you have completed CIPS courses at levels 4, 5 and 6, you will be eligible to work towards becoming a Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS). Achieving MCIPS status is the gold standard for a purchasing professional and could have a positive impact on your reputation as well as your salary. To learn more about what MCIPS means and how it could benefit you, take a look at our guide to MCIPS.
To find out which course would be best for you, give our Course Advisors a call on 0800 012 6770, and they will give you personalised guidance on the best option for your needs.
Why choose Distance Learning College?
When you choose to take a CIPS course with Distance Learning College, you can enjoy all the benefits of flexible learning, whilst also receiving high quality support from experts with years of experience in the procurement and supply sector.
Our industry expert tutors will be on hand to provide unlimited support whenever you need them, and you will also be allocated a mentor to help with anything else you might need. With our five-star distance learning package, you can study at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home, so it’s easier to fit your studies alongside your other commitments.
At Distance Learning College, we also provide a range of payment options, including monthly payments with interest free credit, so studying for your CIPS qualifications can be much more affordable than you might think.
To see what one of our past students has to say about their experience studying with DLC, take a look at our CIPS case study.
Applying for a CIPS course
If you are interested in applying for a CIPS course, please get in touch with us to find out more. Our highly trained Course Advisors can advise you on which CIPS level would be best for you, and can help you get the enrolment process started.