CMI Level 3 Cost (Award Level):
Save £126 this month
CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management Training Course
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 3 Award in First Line Management provides an introduction to the skills, roles and responsibilities of managing a team.
Designed for professionals who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity, and who wish to build on their existing management capabilities, this management course focuses on the development of specific leadership skills.
With CMI being the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership, you can rest assured that CMI courses are of the highest quality and will demonstrate your leadership capabilities across a range of industries to employers.
With a study period of 3 months and a total qualification time of 60 hours, the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management is a short and concise route which aims to give you the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management, you will be required to complete a minimum of 6 credits.
To make up the credits needed to pass, you can choose from any of the following CMI Level 3 units:
- Personal Development as a First Line Manager (6 Credits)
- Resources Planning (6 Credits)
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs (6 Credits)
- Managing and Communicating Information (6 Credits)
- Developing Individuals and Teams (6 Credits)
- Recruitment and Selection Process (6 Credits)
- Maintaining Quality Standards (6 Credits)
- Management Communication (6 Credits)
- Being a Leader (6 Credits)
- Introduction to First Line Management (6 Credits)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (6 Credits)
- Improving Team Performance (7 Credits)
Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 3 Award course, or click to collapse this section.
Personal Development as a First Line Manager – 6 Credits
- How to develop and use a personal development plan
- Know how to plan and manage work
- How to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve objectives
- Safeguard the welfare of the team in the working environment
Resources Planning – 6 Credits
- Understand how to plan resource needs with the team
- Understand the need for change to resource requirements
- Monitor, record and control resources within the work area
Meeting Stakeholder Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and plan to meet their needs
- Understand the process required to continually improve meeting stakeholder needs
- Prepare a case to support a change in meeting stakeholder needs
Managing and Communicating Information – 6 Credits
- Know how to gather and select data
- Understand how to interpret data and information related to a work activity
- Know how to communicate the results of the information analysis
Developing individuals and Teams – 6 Credits
- Factors involved in leading a team to achieve agreed objectives
- Understand the current competencies of individuals and teams
- Know how to develop the competencies of individuals and teams
Recruitment and Selection Process – 6 Credits
- The purpose of a recruitment and selection process
- The process for recruitment
- The process for selection
Maintaining Quality Standards – 6 Credits
- The concept of quality
- The impact of quality on team operations
- How to measure an aspect of quality for a team activity
Management Communication – 6 Credits
- The importance and principles of management communication
- Methods of communication to achieve the management objectives
- Understand how to review the effectiveness of communication in the achievement of the management objectives
Being a Leader – 6 Credits
- Organisational requirements for the leader
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand how the leader builds a shared sense of purpose with a team
Introduction to First Line Management – 6 Credits
- The role of the first line manager and construct a personal development plan
- Understand stakeholders, their needs and planning to meet those needs
- Understand the need to establish and develop working relationships and manage team performance
Corporate Social Responsibility – 6 Credits
- Application of Corporate Social Responsibility in an organisation
- Organisational responsibilities for Corporate Social Responsibility
- The relevance of Corporate Social Responsibility to departmental performance
Improving Team Performance – 7 Credits
- Identify issues which affect performance
- Know how to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Take action to achieve the performance issue of an individual
If you’re unsure if this is the right management qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI Level 3 resources, guides and tools to assist you through the course of your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors, who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After the marking and feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice. The process we follow for CMI assignments has been designed to help each student reach their full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your personal progression forward.
Upon completion of your CMI Level 3 course, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your commitment and ability as a manager, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because DLC & Training is Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that every qualification we provide is high quality, valid and fit for professionals.
The CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management is of the same level as an AS or A Level but is studied online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see CMI Level 3 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full.
The CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management will require approximately 60 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 3 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we can offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course to develop your career is an investment, so to help put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If for any reason you are unable to pass your course the first time, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on the cost of our CMI Level 3 course, or for details of our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, with marking and constructive feedback for every piece of work you submit—not just your final assignment. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors; simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to book a session.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can help you manage your work/life balance and stay on track to complete your CMI Level 3 Award.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, giving you the benefit of flexibility. You can revisit your CMI Level 3 course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in completing the CMI Level 3 Award can progress onto the Level 3 Certificate. The certificate consists of more units, giving you a more in-depth knowledge of the core leadership skills required to be a successful junior manager.
Learners can also choose to progress onto the CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership. The Level 5 management course is aimed at practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
If you’re an aspiring line manager, the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to successfully secure a supervisory position within your industry. Good leadership and management are essential to the overall success of an organisation, and by investing in your development you can make yourself a valuable asset to any employer in any sector.
Gaining a professional leadership qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch