CMI Level 3 Cost (Certificate Level):
Save £116 this month
CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management Training Course
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management aims to give team leaders a broader knowledge of effective management skills, while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
Designed for junior managers and first line managers, the CMI Level 3 Certificate allows learners to choose from a diverse range of units, so you can tailor the qualification to meet your own interests and priorities. You can choose to study subjects such as stakeholder needs and how to meet them, recruitment and selection or improving team performance, in order to build on your existing management skills.
With the CMI being the only chartered professional body that focuses on the field of management, you can rest assured that CMI courses will demonstrate to employers from a wide range of industries that you have the ability to lead a team effectively.
With a study period of 6 months and a total qualification time of 130 hours, the CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management is a rewarding management qualification which can help you to improve operational efficiency in your organisation.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management, you will be required to procure a minimum of 13 credits from the following Level 3 units:
- Personal Development as a First Line Manager (6 Credits)
- Resources Planning (6 Credits)
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs (6 Credits)
- Managing and Communicating Information (6 Credits)
- Developing Individuals and Teams (6 Credits)
- Recruitment and Selection Process (6 Credits)
- Maintaining Quality Standards (6 Credits)
- Management Communication (6 Credits)
- Being a Leader (6 Credits)
- Introduction to First Line Management (6 Credits)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (6 Credits)
- Improving Team Performance (7 Credits)
To make up the credits needed to pass, you can select a combination of any units from Group A and Group B. Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 3 Certificate course, or click to collapse this section.
Personal Development as a First Line Manager – 6 Credits
- How to develop and use a personal development plan
- Know how to plan and manage work
- How to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve objectives
- Safeguard the welfare of the team in the working environment
Resources Planning – 6 Credits
- Understand how to plan resource needs with the team
- Understand the need for change to resource requirements
- Monitor, record and control resources within the work area
Meeting Stakeholder Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and plan to meet their needs
- Understand the process required to continually improve meeting stakeholder needs
- Prepare a case to support a change in meeting stakeholder needs
Managing and Communicating Information – 6 Credits
- Know how to gather and select data
- Understand how to interpret data and information related to a work activity
- Know how to communicate the results of the information analysis
Developing individuals and Teams – 6 Credits
- Factors involved in leading a team to achieve agreed objectives
- Understand the current competencies of individuals and teams
- Know how to develop the competencies of individuals and teams
Recruitment and Selection Process – 6 Credits
- The purpose of a recruitment and selection process
- The process for recruitment
- The process for selection
Maintaining Quality Standards – 6 Credits
- The concept of quality
- The impact of quality on team operations
- How to measure an aspect of quality for a team activity
Management Communication – 6 Credits
- The importance and principles of management communication
- Methods of communication to achieve the management objectives
- Understand how to review the effectiveness of communication in the achievement of the management objectives
Being a Leader – 6 Credits
- Organisational requirements for the leader
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand how the leader builds a shared sense of purpose with a team
Introduction to First Line Management – 6 Credits
- The role of the first line manager and construct a personal development plan
- Understand stakeholders, their needs and planning to meet those needs
- Understand the need to establish and develop working relationships and manage team performance
Corporate Social Responsibility – 6 Credits
- Application of Corporate Social Responsibility in an organisation
- Organisational responsibilities for Corporate Social Responsibility
- The relevance of Corporate Social Responsibility to departmental performance
Improving Team Performance – 7 Credits
- Identify issues which affect performance
- Know how to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Take action to achieve the performance issue of an individual
If you’re unsure if this is the right professional qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bited-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-course unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI Level 3 resources, tools and guides to assist you throughout your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors, who will provide constructive and practical personalised feedback. After the marking and feedback has been provided, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice. This process takes place to ensure that every student can reach their full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally-recognised management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to get the best out of a team and to help drive your personal progression forward.
Upon completion of your CMI Level 3 Certificate course, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your commitment to your development and your ability as a manager, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because DLC & Training is Ofqual regulated you can be assured that every qualification we deliver is of high quality, valid and fit for any professional.
The CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management is of the same level as an AS or A Level but is studied online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
To see CMI Level 3 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full, download our qualification framework.
The CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management will require approximately 130 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 6 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and a team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so to help put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If for any reason you are unable to pass your course the first time, you can resit the whole study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, offering marking opportunities and constructive feedback with every piece of work you submit—not just your final assignment. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange a session.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can help you to manage your studies to ensure you stay on track to complete your CMI Level 3 Certificate course successfully.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, providing you with maximum flexibility. You can revisit your CMI Level 3 management resources and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the CMI Level 3 Certificate can progress onto the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management. The diploma is a much more comprehensive course that covers a more diverse and widespread framework.
Learners can also choose to progress onto the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management. The CMI Level 5 course is aimed at practising middle managers and those aspiring to become senior management. The course aims to develop core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
If you’re an aspiring line manager, the CMI Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to successfully secure a supervisory position within your industry. Good leadership and management are essential to the overall success of an organisation, and by investing in your professional development you can make yourself a valuable asset to any employer.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch