CMI Level 3 Cost (Diploma Level):
Save £444 this month
CMI Level 3 Diploma
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management gives junior managers, such as first-line managers and supervisors, the confidence and motivational skills required to successfully improve the operational efficiency of a team.
The online CMI Level 3 Diploma is ideal for those in a junior role within leadership and management, or for those who aspire to take the next career step from team leader to first-line manager. This Level 3 management course aims to provide you with all the key skills and competencies you’ll need to become an effective first line manager, including resource planning, developing individuals and teams, and managing quality standards.
The CMI is a leading management accreditor and produces leadership courses designed to create competent managers. DLC & Training offers a wide range of CMI qualifications with flexible learning options, affordable payment plans and unrivalled one-to-one support.
With a study period of 6 months and a total qualification time of 370 hours, the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management is a comprehensive personal development programme that will help you successfully make the next career step and secure a promotion.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management, you will need to complete all course units in Group A and any 2 course units from Group B:
- Personal Development as a First Line Manager (6 Credits)
- Resources Planning (6 Credits)
- Meeting Stakeholder Needs (6 Credits)
- Managing and Communicating Information (6 Credits)
- Developing Individuals and Teams (6 Credits)
- Recruitment and Selection Process (6 Credits)
- Maintaining Quality Standards (6 Credits)
- Management Communication (6 Credits)
- Being a Leader (6 Credits)
- Introduction to First Line Management (6 Credits)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (6 Credits)
- Improving Team Performance (7 Credits)
Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 3 Diploma course, or click to collapse this section.
Personal Development as a First Line Manager – 6 Credits
- How to develop and use a personal development plan
- Know how to plan and manage work
- How to develop and maintain effective working relationships to achieve objectives
- Safeguard the welfare of the team in the working environment
Resources Planning – 6 Credits
- Understand how to plan resource needs with the team
- Understand the need for change to resource requirements
- Monitor, record and control resources within the work area
Meeting Stakeholder Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and plan to meet their needs
- Understand the process required to continually improve meeting stakeholder needs
- Prepare a case to support a change in meeting stakeholder needs
Managing and Communicating Information – 6 Credits
- Know how to gather and select data
- Understand how to interpret data and information related to a work activity
- Know how to communicate the results of the information analysis
Developing individuals and Teams – 6 Credits
- Factors involved in leading a team to achieve agreed objectives
- Understand the current competencies of individuals and teams
- Know how to develop the competencies of individuals and teams
Recruitment and Selection Process – 6 Credits
- The purpose of a recruitment and selection process
- The process for recruitment
- The process for selection
Maintaining Quality Standards – 6 Credits
- The concept of quality
- The impact of quality on team operations
- How to measure an aspect of quality for a team activity
Management Communication – 6 Credits
- The importance and principles of management communication
- Methods of communication to achieve the management objectives
- Understand how to review the effectiveness of communication in the achievement of the management objectives
Being a Leader – 6 Credits
- Organisational requirements for the leader
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand how the leader builds a shared sense of purpose with a team
Introduction to First Line Management – 6 Credits
- The role of the first line manager and construct a personal development plan
- Understand stakeholders, their needs and planning to meet those needs
- Understand the need to establish and develop working relationships and manage team performance
Corporate Social Responsibility – 6 Credits
- Application of Corporate Social Responsibility in an organisation
- Organisational responsibilities for Corporate Social Responsibility
- The relevance of Corporate Social Responsibility to departmental performance
Improving Team Performance – 7 Credits
- Identify issues which affect performance
- Know how to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Take action to achieve the performance issue of an individual
You don’t need any previous qualifications to enrol on the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management—your eligibility will be determined by your past and current experience. The CMI Level 3 management course is ideally aimed at junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity, or those who aspire to be in a similar position.
If you’re unsure if this is the right professional qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 08000126770 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the personalised feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI resources, guides and tools to assist you through the course of your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After the marking and feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice. With our supportive approach, every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your personal progression forward.
Upon completion of your CMI Level 3 Diploma course, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your commitment to your personal development and your ability as a manager, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because DLC & Training is Ofqual regulated you can be assured that every qualification we deliver is high quality, valid and fit for purpose.
The CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management is of the same level as an AS or A Level, but is studied online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see CMI Level 3 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full.
The CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management will require approximately 370 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 18 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. We offer a range of course extensions if students feel like they need extra time for their CMI course.
Finance shouldn’t stop you from achieving your career goals; that’s why we offer a range of payment methods for our CMI courses, including interest-free payment plans. By paying a small deposit and setting up monthly, manageable payments via direct debit you can enrol onto the CMI Level 3 Diploma course straight away. To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper-free and completed online. Our Course Advisors are also here to guide you through the process if needed.
We understand that paying for a course to develop your career is an investment, so to help put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If for any reason you are unable to pass your course the first time, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on CMI course costs, our range of payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 08000126770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, and we offer marking and constructive feedback on every piece of work you submit–not just your final assignment. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange your attendance.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can help you to manage your studies and create a positive work/life balance. They will be there to support you and keep you on track to successfully complete your CMI Level 3 Diploma course.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, providing you with maximum flexibility. You can revisit your first class course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in completing the Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management can progress on to the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership.
The CMI Level 5 course is aimed at practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
If you’re an aspiring line manager, the CMI Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management will help you to gain the knowledge and skills you need to successfully secure a supervisory position within your industry. Good leadership and management are essential to the overall success of any organisation, and by investing in your development you can make yourself a valuable asset to employers.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your management career and provides evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects as well as your earning potential.