CMI Level 5 Cost (Award Level):
Save £59 this month
CMI Level 5 Award
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership is designed to strengthen and develop your skills as a middle manager, by focusing on key areas of leadership. Designed for practising middle managers, this CMI course builds your confidence as a leader and allows you to take your management career to the next level.
The CMI Level 5 Award offers a solid foundation of knowledge, ideal for those hoping to move into a senior management role. Choose from a diverse range of units covering core management skills, such as managing resources, recruitment and information management. As CMI is the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership, you can rest assured that each qualification is high quality, practical and valuable to employers.
With a study period of 3 months and a total qualification time of 60 hours, the CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership is a short and concise qualification designed to develop your skills as a middle manager.
The CMI Level 5 Award offers a comprehensive range of units, so you can tailor your leadership training to your current job specification and career goals. To successfully achieve the Award, you will need to complete a minimum of 6 credits.
To earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Personal Development as a Manager and Leader
- Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs
- Information Based Decision Making
- Practices of Resource Management
- Conducting a Management Project
- Being a Leader
- Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Project Development and Control
- Planning for Development
- Management Recruitment Selection and Induction
- Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility
- Leadership Practice
- Introduction to Management and Leadership
- Organisational Risk Management
- Organisational Financial Management
- Conducting a Marketing Plan
For more detail on what each of these units involves, read on below.
Personal Development as a Manager and Leader – 6 Credits
- Assess and plan for personal professional development
- Plan for the resources required for personal professional development
- Implement and evaluate the personal development plan
- Support and promote staff welfare
Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and their requirements
- Apply and improve quality standards
- How to promote continuous improvement and change
Information Based Decision Making – 7 Credits
- How to identify and select sources of data and information
- Analyse and present information to support decision making
- Communicate the results of information analysis and decisions
Practices of Resource Management – 7 Credits
- Identify and plan resources needed to meet objectives
- Select and use the resource supply chain to meet planned objectives
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external resource use to meet plans
Conducting a Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a management project
- How to conduct research using sources and analyse data and options
- How to make conclusions and recommendations that achieve the project aim
- How to show and review the results of the project
Being a Leader – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Leadership styles
- How to secure achievement of team involvement and objectives through leadership
Managing Team and Individual Performance – 9 Credits
- Identify and agree performance objectives
- Assess performance and provide feedback
- How to understand performance support for improvement
- How to apply the organisation’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
Project Development and Control – 6 Credits
- Identify the components of project stages and lifecycle
- Project methodologies and their application
- How to develop a project plan, identify and mitigate risks and construct a monitor and review strategy
Planning for Development – 6 Credits
- How to devise a human resource plan for a work area, to meet organisational objectives
- Identify and plan for individual development to meet organisational objectives
- How to initiate a personal development plan for an individual and evaluate progress
Management Recruitment Selection and Induction – 7 Credits
- The impact of both the law and organisational procedures on the process of recruitment and selection
- Identify personnel requirements and present a reasoned case for changes in staffing resources
- Organise and conduct a selection process, justify a decision and keep necessary records
- Communicate the selection decisions and plan induction for the appointed candidate
Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility – 7 Credits
- The principles of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- How to understand the results of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy on organisational performance
- Implement and evaluate an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy at the operational level
Leadership Practice – 7 Credits
- Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
- Understand leadership principles that support organisational values
- How to apply leadership styles to achieve organisational objectives
Introduction to Management & Leadership – 7 Credits
- The purpose and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information, and their use in meeting stakeholders’ needs
- Selection processes, performance development and team welfare
Organisational Risk Management – 7 Credits
- The concept of risk management
- How to understand the identification of risk and risk probability
- How to understand the management of risk response approaches
Organisational Financial Management – 9 Credits
- Use and control a financial system to meet objectives
- Identify and use a range of financial controls
- The sources and availability of finance to an organisation.
Conducting a Marketing Plan – 9 Credits
- The role of marketing in achievement of organisational objectives
- Identify an organisation’s current and future position in the sectors or markets in which it operates
- How to devise and implement a marketing plan that contributes to achievement of organisational objectives
If you’re interested in finding out more about the CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management, read on below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will analyse your current experience and career goals, in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the CMI Level 5 Award.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 5 Award course, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks to be submitted to your tutor for marking. All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI assignment help, including guides and tools to assist you throughout your studies. Your tutor will provide personalised feedback on each and every task you complete, to help you improve your work and give you the best possible chance of completing your end-of-unit assignment successfully.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors, who again will provide constructive and practical feedback. Having received feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment. With this supportive approach in place, we aim to help every student achieve their full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a widely respected awarding body that offers internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your management career forward.
Once you have completed the CMI Level 5 Award course, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that highlights your skills as a manager, and certifies your commitment to your career.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains the standards of education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we offer is high quality, comprehensive and fit for purpose.
The CMI Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is roughly equivalent to a foundation degree, or a Higher National Diploma (HND). However, when you study with DLC, you can complete all of your studies online. This means you can complete the course in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework for a better insight into the CMI Level 5 Award, and how it compares with our wider range of management qualifications.
The CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership will require approximately 60 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 3 months of unrivalled support from a personally assigned mentor and team of expert tutors, who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and recognise the challenges of balancing your professional goals with current commitments. Should you need extra study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that enrolling on a management course is an investment in both time and money, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If you are unable to pass your course the first time, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your management course, they may be eligible for funding. For more information on CMI Level 5 Award costs, or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Here at Distance Learning College, we offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The DLC learning experience centres on you and your development by offering constructive feedback on every piece of work you submit. In addition to the extensive online resources and support available, we offer free monthly face-to-face workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment, and will be your first point of contact for any questions or issues. They are highly trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track with your CMI Level 5 Award course.
As our CMI courses can be studied entirely online, you can complete your course at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required, by logging into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You will also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Our support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it. Get in touch today to find out more about the support you can receive with our CMI Level 5 Award course.
Once you have successfully completed the CMI Level 5 Award course, you can progress onto the CMI Level 5 Certificate. The certificate consists of more units, and gives you an in-depth knowledge of the core leadership skills required of a successful middle manager.
You can also choose to progress onto the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership. The Level 7 CMI course is designed for directors and senior managers facing strategic and performance-based challenges. Once you have completed each CMI course, you may be eligible to achieve Chartered Manager status. Becoming a Chartered Manager is the highest status you can achieve in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels have benefited from holding the Chartered Manager title.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, or a practising middle manager, the CMI Level 5 Award in Management and Leadership will equip you with the core management skills required of a successful leader, and take you one step closer to achieving Chartered status.
By choosing to study the CMI Level 5 Award online, you will gain a valuable qualification that demonstrates your commitment to your career, and certifies your ability to lead and manage within the workplace. This CMI course will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.