CMI Level 5 Cost (Certificate Level):
Save £142 this month
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management & Leadership Training Course
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership develops your personal management capabilities and equips you with skills in decision-making, operations and managing people.
Designed for mid-level managers looking to move into a senior management role, the CMI Level 5 Certificate allows you to choose from a diverse range of units, so you can tailor the course to your needs. We will work closely with you to ensure the units you choose aligns with your career goals, interests and abilities. CMI is the only chartered professional body in the management and leadership field, so you can rest assured that this CMI management course is a worthy investment for your career.
With a study period of 6 months and a total qualification time of 130 hours, the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership is a thorough and thought-provoking distance learning course that can see you achieve salary uplift, new career opportunities and invaluable knowledge.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate covers a wide range of topics, to help you formalise your existing skills and develop as a leader. To successfully achieve the Certificate, you will need to complete a minimum of 13 credits.
In order to earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Personal Development as a Manager and Leader
- Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs
- Information Based Decision Making
- Practices of Resource Management
- Conducting a Management Project
- Being a Leader
- Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Project Development and Control
- Planning for Development
- Management Recruitment Selection and Induction
- Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility
- Leadership Practice
- Introduction to Management and Leadership
- Organisational Risk Management
- Organisational Financial Management
- Conducting a Marketing Plan
To make up the credits needed to pass, you can select a combination of any units from Group A, Group B and Group C. For more detail on what each of these units involves, read on below.
Personal Development as a Manager and Leader – 6 Credits
- Assess and plan for personal professional development
- Plan for the resources required for personal professional development
- Implement and evaluate the personal development plan
- Support and promote staff welfare
Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and their requirements
- Apply and improve quality standards
- How to promote continuous improvement and change
Information Based Decision Making – 7 Credits
- How to identify and select sources of data and information
- Analyse and present information to support decision making
- Communicate the results of information analysis and decisions
Practices of Resource Management – 7 Credits
- Identify and plan resources needed to meet objectives
- Select and use the resource supply chain to meet planned objectives
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external resource use to meet plans
Conducting a Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a management project
- How to conduct research using sources and analyse data and options
- How to make conclusions and recommendations that achieve the project aim
- How to show and review the results of the project
Being a Leader – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Leadership styles
- How to secure achievement of team involvement and objectives through leadership
Managing Team and Individual Performance – 9 Credits
- Identify and agree performance objectives
- Assess performance and provide feedback
- How to understand performance support for improvement
- How to apply the organisation’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
Project Development and Control – 6 Credits
- Identify the components of project stages and lifecycle
- Project methodologies and their application
- How to develop a project plan, identify and mitigate risks and construct a monitor and review strategy
Planning for Development – 6 Credits
- How to devise a human resource plan for a work area, to meet organisational objectives
- Identify and plan for individual development to meet organisational objectives
- How to initiate a personal development plan for an individual and evaluate progress
Management Recruitment Selection & Induction – 7 Credits
- The impact of both the law and organisational procedures on the process of recruitment and selection
- Identify personnel requirements and present a reasoned case for changes in staffing resources
- Organise and conduct a selection process, justify a decision and keep necessary records
- Communicate the selection decisions and plan induction for the appointed candidate
Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility – 7 Credits
- The principles of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- How to understand the results of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy on organisational performance
- Implement and evaluate an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy at the operational level
Leadership Practice – 7 Credits
- Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
- Understand leadership principles that support organisational values
- How to apply leadership styles to achieve organisational objectives
Introduction to Management & Leadership – 7 Credits
- The purpose and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information, and their use in meeting stakeholders’ needs
- Selection processes, performance development and team welfare
Organisational Risk Management – 7 Credits
- The concept of risk management
- How to understand the identification of risk and risk probability
- How to understand the management of risk response approaches
Organisational Financial Management – 9 Credits
- Use and control a financial system to meet objectives
- Identify and use a range of financial controls
- The sources and availability of finance to an organisation.
Conducting a Marketing Plan – 9 Credits
- The role of marketing in achievement of organisational objectives
- Identify an organisation’s current and future position in the sectors or markets in which it operates
- How to devise and implement a marketing plan that contributes to achievement of organisational objectives
If you’re interested in finding out more about the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership, read on below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and career goals to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the CMI Level 5 Certificate.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 5 Certificate course, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks, along with the tailored feedback you’ll receive, is to track your progress and development. Your tutor will provide personalised feedback on each and every task you complete, to help you improve your work and give you the best possible chance of successfully completing your end-of-unit assignment. All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI assignment help, including guides and tools to assist you throughout your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will then provide constructive and practical feedback. You will then have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments. This supportive process is aimed at helping every student to reach their full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly respected organisation offering internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your management career forward.
Once you have completed your CMI Level 5 Certificate course, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate. This certificate will signal your commitment to leadership, and is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we offer is high quality, comprehensive and valuable.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership is roughly equivalent to a foundation degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND). When you study your CMI certificate with DLC, however, you can benefit from complete flexibility, as our courses are studied online. This means you can complete the CMI Level 5 Certificate at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see how the CMI Level 5 Certificate compares with our range of other management qualifications.
The CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership will require approximately 130 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 6 months of unrivalled support from a personally assigned mentor and team of expert tutors, who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and recognise the challenges of finding a healthy work/life balance. We offer a range of course extensions, should you need a bit of extra time.
We understand that taking a course is an investment in both time and money, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. For whatever reason, if you are unable to pass your course first time, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your CMI Level 5 Certificate, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than with any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we deliver is entirely focused on your development, and we offer constructive feedback on each piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment, and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or concerns. They are highly trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to complete your CMI Level 5 course.
As our distance learning courses are studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required, by logging into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You will also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime details, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it. Get in touch today to find out more how we can support you whilst you complete the CMI Level 5 Certificate.
Once you have successfully completed your CMI Level 5 Certificate course, you can progress onto the CMI Level 5 Diploma. The diploma is a much more comprehensive course, covering a broad and diverse framework.
You can also choose to progress onto the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership. The CMI Level 7 course is designed for directors and senior managers who have the responsibility of translating organisational strategy into effective performance. Not only does this course equip managers with the skills needed to deliver results, but it also helps you to achieve Chartered Manager status.
Chartered Manager is the highest status a manager can achieve. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers across varying sectors now hold the Chartered Manager title, and are highly valued because of it.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, or a current middle manager, the CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership will help you to develop the core management skills required of a successful leader. This course will also bring you closer to achieving Chartered Manager status.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to lead and manage within the workplace. The CMI Level 5 Certificate will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch