CMI Level 5 Cost (Diploma Level):
Save £150 this month
CMI Level 5 Diploma
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is aimed at practising middle managers aspiring to move into a more senior role.
This qualification is best suited to those taking the next step in their management careers, who are keen to develop their leadership skills and secure a position in senior management. The CMI Level 5 Diploma equips you with fundamental management expertise, such as resource management, recruitment and information management.
With a study period of 18 months and a total qualification time of 370 hours, the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management is a comprehensive course designed to give you all the skills and knowledge required of a senior manager. Once you have completed this course, you will be eligible to study the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma, or progress onto the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership.
CMI distance learning courses with Distance Learning College offer more one-to-one support than with any other distance learning provider. As well as this, our guarantee allows you to resit your course completely free of charge, if you’re unable to pass the first time.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, you will be required to complete a minimum of 38 credits. To make up the credits needed to pass, you can choose from any of the following CMI Level 5 Diploma units:
- Personal Development as a Manager and Leader (6 Credits)
- Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs (6 Credits)
- Information Based Decision Making (7 Credits)
- Practices of Resource Management (7 Credits)
- Conducting a Management Project (10 Credits)
- Being a Leader (7 Credits)
- Managing Team and Individual Performance (9 Credits)
- Project Development and Control (6 Credits)
- Planning for Development (6 Credits)
- Management Recruitment Selection and Induction (7 Credits)
- Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility (7 Credits)
- Leadership Practice (7 Credits)
- Introduction to Management and Leadership (7 Credits)
- Organisational Risk Management (7 Credits)
- Organisational Financial Management (9 Credits)
- Conducting a Marketing Plan (9 Credits)
Students can choose any combination of units from Group A, Group B and Group C. Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 5 Diploma course.
Personal Development as a Manager and Leader – 6 Credits
- Assess and plan for personal professional development
- Plan for the resources required for personal professional development
- Implement and evaluate the personal development plan
- Support and promote staff welfare
Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and their requirements
- Apply and improve quality standards
- How to promote continuous improvement and change
Information Based Decision Making – 7 Credits
- How to identify and select sources of data and information
- Analyse and present information to support decision making
- Communicate the results of information analysis and decisions
Practices of Resource Management – 7 Credits
- Identify and plan resources needed to meet objectives
- Select and use the resource supply chain to meet planned objectives
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external resource use to meet plans
Conducting a Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a management project
- How to conduct research using sources and analyse data and options
- How to make conclusions and recommendations that achieve the project aim
- How to show and review the results of the project
Being a Leader – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Leadership styles
- How to secure achievement of team involvement and objectives through leadership
Managing Team and Individual Performance – 9 Credits
- Identify and agree performance objectives
- Assess performance and provide feedback
- How to understand performance support for improvement
- How to apply the organisation’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
Project Development and Control – 6 Credits
- Identify the components of project stages and lifecycle
- Project methodologies and their application
- How to develop a project plan, identify and mitigate risks and construct a monitor and review strategy
Planning for Development – 6 Credits
- How to devise a human resource plan for a work area, to meet organisational objectives
- Identify and plan for individual development to meet organisational objectives
- How to initiate a personal development plan for an individual and evaluate progress
Management Recruitment Selection and Induction – 7 Credits
- The impact of both the law and organisational procedures on the process of recruitment and selection
- Identify personnel requirements and present a reasoned case for changes in staffing resources
- Organise and conduct a selection process, justify a decision and keep necessary records
- Communicate the selection decisions and plan induction for the appointed candidate
Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility – 7 Credits
- The principles of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- How to understand the results of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy on organisational performance
- Implement and evaluate an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy at the operational level
Leadership Practice – 7 Credits
- Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
- Understand leadership principles that support organisational values
- How to apply leadership styles to achieve organisational objectives
Introduction to Management and Leadership – 7 Credits
- The purpose and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information, and their use in meeting stakeholders’ needs
- Selection processes, performance development and team welfare
Organisational Risk Management – 7 Credits
- The concept of risk management
- How to understand the identification of risk and risk probability
- How to understand the management of risk response approaches
Organisational Financial Management – 9 Credits
- Use and control a financial system to meet objectives
- Identify and use a range of financial controls
- The sources and availability of finance to an organisation.
Conducting a Marketing Plan – 9 Credits
- The role of marketing in achievement of organisational objectives
- Identify an organisation’s current and future position in the sectors or markets in which it operates
- How to devise and implement a marketing plan that contributes to achievement of organisational objectives
You don’t need any previous qualifications to enrol on the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management—your eligibility will be determined by your past and current experience. The CMI Level 5 Diploma is best suited to middle managers who want to improve their leadership skills, or move into a more senior management position.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will analyse your current experience and career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI resources, including guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After you have received your feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments. This process is designed to make sure you get the best results possible.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation that accredits internationally recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your management career forward.
Once you have completed your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your commitment to development and your ability as a manager, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can be assured that every qualification we deliver is of high quality, comprehensive and a worthy investment.
The CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is comparable to a Foundation Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND), but can be studied online in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see CMI Level 5 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full.
The CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership will require approximately 370 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 18 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors, who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We recognise that leadership courses are an investment, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. For whatever reason, if you are unable to pass your course first time, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on CMI Level 5 Diploma costs, our range of payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than with any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, including marking opportunities and practical feedback with every piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops with our industry expert tutors—simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to get this arranged.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can keep you on track to complete your CMI Level 5 Diploma successfully.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, offering you maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Once you have successfully completed the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership, you can progress onto the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma. The Level 5 Extended Diploma consists of a broad range of units and is more in-depth, ensuring you have all the skills required of a successful senior manager. You can also choose to progress onto the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership. The Level 7 course from CMI is designed for directors and senior managers with responsibility for translating organisational strategy into effective performance.
Progressing through CMI qualifications will help you to enhance your professional skills, deliver the best results for your team, and work towards Chartered Manager status. Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager status and are highly valued because of it.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, or current middle manager, the CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership will help you to develop core management skills and become a successful leader. This course will also bring you closer to achieving Chartered Manager status.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to lead and manage within the workplace. The CMI Level 5 Diploma will enhance your career prospects, and give you the best possible chance of expanding your earning potential.