CMI Level 5 Cost (Extended Diploma Level):
Save £164 this month
CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management & Leadership Training Course
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership has a broad and in-depth framework, designed for aspiring senior managers. This course covers fundamental management skills, such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
The Level 5 Extended Diploma is aimed at mid-level management professionals who are seeking the knowledge and skills to succeed in their leadership careers, and move into a more senior role. By studying the CMI Level 5 course, you will be able to secure full Chartered Management Institute (CMI) membership, and take a step closer to achieving Chartered Manager status.
With a study period of 24 months and a total qualification time of 620 hours, the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership is a detailed and comprehensive course that will equip you with the skills to become a successful senior manager. The CMI is the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership, so you can rest assured that the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma is a valuable investment in your career.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership, you will need to complete 62 credits. To make up the credits needed to pass, you can select a combination of any of the CMI Level 5 units shown below:
- Personal Development as a Manager and Leader (6 Credits)
- Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs (6 Credits)
- Information Based Decision Making (7 Credits)
- Practices of Resource Management (7 Credits)
- Conducting a Management Project (10 Credits)
- Being a Leader (7 Credits)
- Managing Team and Individual Performance (9 Credits)
- Project Development and Control (6 Credits)
- Planning for Development (6 Credits)
- Management Recruitment Selection and Induction (7 Credits)
- Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility (7 Credits)
- Leadership Practice (7 Credits)
- Introduction to Management and Leadership (7 Credits)
- Organisational Risk Management (7 Credits)
- Organisational Financial Management (9 Credits)
- Conducting a Marketing Plan (9 Credits)
To complete the Level 5 Extended Diploma, you will need to complete all credits from Group A, a minimum of 7 credits from Group B and a minimum of 19 credits from Group C. Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma course.
Personal Development as a Manager and Leader – 6 Credits
- Assess and plan for personal professional development
- Plan for the resources required for personal professional development
- Implement and evaluate the personal development plan
- Support and promote staff welfare
Meeting Stakeholder and Quality Needs – 6 Credits
- Identify stakeholders and their requirements
- Apply and improve quality standards
- How to promote continuous improvement and change
Information Based Decision Making – 7 Credits
- How to identify and select sources of data and information
- Analyse and present information to support decision making
- Communicate the results of information analysis and decisions
Practices of Resource Management – 7 Credits
- Identify and plan resources needed to meet objectives
- Select and use the resource supply chain to meet planned objectives
- Monitor and evaluate internal and external resource use to meet plans
Conducting a Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a management project
- How to conduct research using sources and analyse data and options
- How to make conclusions and recommendations that achieve the project aim
- How to show and review the results of the project
Being a Leader – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Leadership styles
- How to secure achievement of team involvement and objectives through leadership
Managing Team and Individual Performance – 9 Credits
- Identify and agree performance objectives
- Assess performance and provide feedback
- How to understand performance support for improvement
- How to apply the organisation’s disciplinary and grievance procedures
Project Development and Control – 6 Credits
- Identify the components of project stages and lifecycle
- Project methodologies and their application
- How to develop a project plan, identify and mitigate risks and construct a monitor and review strategy
Planning for Development – 6 Credits
- How to devise a human resource plan for a work area, to meet organisational objectives
- Identify and plan for individual development to meet organisational objectives
- How to initiate a personal development plan for an individual and evaluate progress
Management Recruitment Selection & Induction – 7 Credits
- The impact of both the law and organisational procedures on the process of recruitment and selection
- Identify personnel requirements and present a reasoned case for changes in staffing resources
- Organise and conduct a selection process, justify a decision and keep necessary records
- Communicate the selection decisions and plan induction for the appointed candidate
Organisational Corporate Social Responsibility – 7 Credits
- The principles of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- How to understand the results of an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy on organisational performance
- Implement and evaluate an organisational Corporate Social Responsibility strategy at the operational level
Leadership Practice – 7 Credits
- Understand the links and differences between management and leadership
- Understand leadership principles that support organisational values
- How to apply leadership styles to achieve organisational objectives
Introduction to Management & Leadership – 7 Credits
- The purpose and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information, and their use in meeting stakeholders’ needs
- Selection processes, performance development and team welfare
Organisational Risk Management – 7 Credits
- The concept of risk management
- How to understand the identification of risk and risk probability
- How to understand the management of risk response approaches
Organisational Financial Management – 9 Credits
- Use and control a financial system to meet objectives
- Identify and use a range of financial controls
- The sources and availability of finance to an organisation.
Conducting a Marketing Plan – 9 Credits
- The role of marketing in achievement of organisational objectives
- Identify an organisation’s current and future position in the sectors or markets in which it operates
- How to devise and implement a marketing plan that contributes to achievement of organisational objective
The Extended Diploma is a complex and broad-ranging qualification requiring a high degree of dedication. If you feel you can’t commit to the Extended Diploma, we offer a range of other CMI Level 5 courses that are less intensive, including:
- CMI Level 5 Award
- CMI Level 5 Certificate
- CMI Level 5 Diploma
To help you find the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will analyse your current experience and career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI resources, guides and tools to assist you throughout the course of your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, it will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After receiving your feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments. This process is designed to ensure you get the most out of your qualification, and achieve your full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your personal progression forward.
Upon completion of your CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate. This certificate is highly sought after by employers, and will help to demonstrate your ability as a manager and your commitment to personal development.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can be assured that each qualification we produce is comprehensive, detailed and a valuable investment.
The CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership is comparable to a Foundation Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND). However, studying the CMI Level 5 course with DLC offers full flexibility, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see how the CMI Level 5 course compares with our range of other management qualifications.
The CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership will require approximately 620 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 24 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and we recognise the challenges of finding a positive work/life balance. That’s why we offer a range of course extensions, should you need an extra helping hand.
We understand that paying for a course is a big investment, so we offer a guarantee to put your mind at ease. If for any reason you are unable to pass your course the first time, you can resit the whole study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than with any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, with the opportunity for marking and feedback for every piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to get this booked in.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, helping you manage your studies, and keeping you on track for success with your CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma course.
As our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home, giving you maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Once you have completed the Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership, you can progress onto more advanced qualifications such as the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership and the MBA. The Level 7 Diploma course from CMI is designed for directors and senior managers who have responsibility for translating organisational strategy into effective performance.
Progressing through CMI qualifications will help you to enhance your professional skills, improve performance for your team, and work towards Chartered Manager status. Becoming a Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager status and benefit from the value it brings to their careers.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, or a practising middle manager, the CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership will help you to develop fundamental management skills, become a successful leader and take the next step towards Chartered Manager status.
Gaining a professional qualification certifies your commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to lead and manage within the workplace. The CMI Level 5 Extended Diploma will enhance your career prospects and could also help to expand your earning potential.
get in touch