CMI Level 7 Cost (Award Level):
Save £112 this month
CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership Training Course
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership is an in-depth, comprehensive qualification that will equip you with a greater understanding of strategic leadership by covering a broad framework of units.
Designed for practising senior managers with a wide range of responsibilities, such as converting organisational strategy into effective performance, the CMI Level 7 Award provides guidance on the different areas of strategic management. If you’d like to build your leadership skills, you can choose from a diverse range of units and tailor this Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management to your current level of experience, professional goals and interests.
CMI is the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership, so when you study the CMI Level 7 Award, you can rest assured that this qualification will prove a valuable and rewarding investment.
With a study period of 6 months and a total qualification time of 60 hours, the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership is a concise yet practical route to becoming a successful senior manager.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership, you will need to complete a minimum of 6 credits. To make up the credits needed to pass, you can choose a combination of any of the CMI Level 7 units, as follows:
- Personal Development as a Strategic Manager (6 Credits)
- Developing Performance Management Strategies (7 Credits)
- Financial Management (7 Credits)
- Strategic Information Management (9 Credits)
- Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance (9 Credits)
- Conducting a Strategic Management Project (10 Credits)
- Financial Planning (6 Credits)
- Developing a Marketing Strategy (6 Credits)
- Strategic Project Management (6 Credits)
- Strategic Leadership (7 Credits)
- Strategic Leadership Practices (7 Credits)
- Implementing Organisational Change Strategies (7 Credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Planning (8 Credits)
- Strategic Planning (9 Credits)
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility (9 Credits)
- Developing Risk Management Strategies (9 Credits)
- Introduction to Strategic Management & Leadership (10 Credits)
Students can choose any combination of units from Group A and Group B. Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 7 Award course.
Personal Development as a Strategic Manager – 6 Credits
- Identify personal skills to achieve strategic ambitions
- Manage personal leadership development to support achievement of strategic ambitions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership development plan
- How to advocate a staff welfare environment that supports organisational values
Developing Performance Management Strategies – 7 Credits
- Set performance targets of teams to meet strategic objectives
- How to agree team performance targets to contribute to meeting strategic objectives
- Monitor actions and activities defined to improve team performance
- How to apply influencing and persuading skills, to the dynamics and politics of personal interactions
Financial Management – 7 Credits
- Analyse financial data
- Assess budgets based on financial data to support organisational objectives
- Evaluate financial proposals for expenditure submitted by others
Strategic Information Management – 9 Credits
- The impact of management information on decision making
- The importance of information sharing within the organisation
- How to use information to inform and support strategic decision making
- Monitor and review management information
Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance – 9 Credits
- Review and determine the organisational strategic aims and objectives
- Identify and analyse progress towards organisational strategic aims and objectives
- How to determine and evaluate strategic options to support a revised strategic position
Conducting a Strategic Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a strategic investigative project
- How to conduct research, using sources, and synthesise data and options
- How to draw conclusions and make recommendations that achieve the project aim
- Develop and review the results of the investigative project
Financial Planning – 6 Credits
- Understand how the financial plan supports strategic objectives
- Understand the construction of a financial plan
- How to promote the financial plan in support of strategic objectives
Developing a Marketing Strategy – 6 Credits
- How the marketing plan supports strategic objectives
- The construction of a marketing plan
- How to promote the marketing plan in support of strategic objectives
Strategic Project Management – 6 Credits
- The impact of projects and project management on strategic objectives
- The elements of a project process and plan
- How to implement the project plan and evaluate the outcome(s)
Strategic Leadership – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Strategic leadership styles
- Be able to understand leadership strategies and their impact on organisational direction
Strategic Leadership Practices – 7 Credits
- The relationship between strategic management and leadership
- Leadership principles that support organisational values
- Leadership strategies and the impact on organisation direction
Implementing Organisational Change Strategies – 7 Credits
- How to apply solutions to organisational change
- How to develop a change strategy using implementation models
- Analyse an organisational response to change
- How to evaluate the impact of change strategies
Strategic Human Resource Planning – 8 Credits
- How the HR plan supports the strategic objectives
- The legal and organisational frameworks for the employment of staff
- The effect of the organisational environment on staff
- The grievance, discipline and dismissal process
Strategic Planning – 9 Credits
- The purpose of a strategic plan
- How to select a strategic direction from analysis of alternative strategic options
- Implement, evaluate, monitor and review the strategic plan
Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility – 9 Credits
- The development and alignment of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- The evaluation, impact and reinforcement of the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
Developing Risk Management Strategies – 9 Credits
- The concept of risk, roles and responsibilities for risk management, and risk management tools and models
- Resourcing and implementation of risk management strategy
- Evaluation and management of risk management strategies
Introduction to Strategic Management & Leadership – 10 Credits
- The relationships and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information and apply knowledge to the skills of quantitative analysis
- Core marketing concepts, the need for staff increases and the evaluation and support of others
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will analyse your current experience and career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the CMI Level 7 Award.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. Your tutor will provide feedback on every task you submit, to help you improve your work and give you the best chance of completing your end-of-unit assignment successfully. All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI Level 7 help, including guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. Having received feedback, you will then have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on your tutor’s comments. This supportive approach has been put in place to give every student the chance to reach their full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your leadership career forward.
Once you have completed the Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your commitment to your personal development and your ability as a manager, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we deliver is high quality, practical and fit for purpose.
The CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership is comparable to a Master’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate. However, studying a CMI Award with DLC offers full flexibility, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see how the CMI Level 7 Award compares with a range of equivalent qualifications.
The CMI Level 7 Award will require approximately 60 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 6 months of unrivalled support from a personally assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if you need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We appreciate that paying for a course is a big investment, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If you are unable to pass your course first time, you can resit the entire study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than you would receive with any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development of each student, and we provide the opportunity for you to get marking and comprehensive feedback on every piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops with our industry expert tutors; simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment, and they will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can help you stay on track to successfully complete your CMI Level 7 Award course.
As our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as frequently as you need to, by logging into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You will also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, so you can communicate with your support team using whichever method is easiest for you.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Once you have successfully completed the Level 7 Award in Leadership and Management, you can progress onto the CMI Level 7 Certificate. The certificate consists of more units, giving you in-depth knowledge of the leadership skills required to be a successful senior manager.
Studying this CMI course can open up new opportunities, such as a fast-track MBA route. The CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership can be the first step to achieving MBA status, saving you tens of thousands in student loans and university fees. By working towards an MBA through distance learning, you can continue to work and earn a salary whilst you study part-time.
The combination of accredited distance learning with a one-year MBA program is an incredibly cost-effective and time saving route for your progression.
If you’re a senior manager, the CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership can help you develop your confidence and ability as a strategic leader. This course can also be used to certify your existing management skills, enabling you to take the next step towards Chartered Manager status.
Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager status, and are highly valued because of it.
get in touch