CMI Level 7 Cost (Certificate Level):
Save £263 this month
CMI Level 7 Certificate
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills, while focusing on the specific management areas relevant to you and your workplace.
Designed for practising senior managers who have responsibility for translating organisational strategy into effective performance, the CMI Level 7 Certificate requires you to evaluate the implementation of your organisational strategy. If you’d like to build your confidence and ability as a leader, or if you’re seeking to certify your existing skills, you can choose from a diverse range of units to tailor the CMI Level 7 certificate to you. You can choose to study topics such as financial management and planning, strategic project management and developing risk management strategies.
With a study period of 18 months and a total qualification time of 130 hours, the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership is a concise yet rewarding route to becoming a successful senior manager.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 7 Certificate, you will be required to complete a minimum of 13 credits. To make up the credits needed to pass, you can choose from the following units:
- Personal Development as a Strategic Manager (6 Credits)
- Developing Performance Management Strategies (7 Credits)
- Financial Management (7 Credits)
- Strategic Information Management (9 Credits)
- Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance (9 Credits)
- Conducting a Strategic Management Project (10 Credits)
- Financial Planning (6 Credits)
- Developing a Marketing Strategy (6 Credits)
- Strategic Project Management (6 Credits)
- Strategic Leadership (7 Credits)
- Strategic Leadership Practices (7 Credits)
- Implementing Organisational Change Strategies (7 Credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Planning (8 Credits)
- Strategic Planning (9 Credits)
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility (9 Credits)
- Developing Risk Management Strategies (9 Credits)
- Introduction to Strategic Management & Leadership (10 Credits)
You can select a combination of any units from Group A and Group B. Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 7 Certificate course, or click to collapse this section.
Personal Development as a Strategic Manager – 6 Credits
- Identify personal skills to achieve strategic ambitions
- Manage personal leadership development to support achievement of strategic ambitions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership development plan
- How to advocate a staff welfare environment that supports organisational values
Developing Performance Management Strategies – 7 Credits
- Set performance targets of teams to meet strategic objectives
- How to agree team performance targets to contribute to meeting strategic objectives
- Monitor actions and activities defined to improve team performance
- How to apply influencing and persuading skills, to the dynamics and politics of personal interactions
Financial Management – 7 Credits
- Analyse financial data
- Assess budgets based on financial data to support organisational objectives
- Evaluate financial proposals for expenditure submitted by others
Strategic Information Management – 9 Credits
- The impact of management information on decision making
- The importance of information sharing within the organisation
- How to use information to inform and support strategic decision making
- Monitor and review management information
Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance – 9 Credits
- Review and determine the organisational strategic aims and objectives
- Identify and analyse progress towards organisational strategic aims and objectives
- How to determine and evaluate strategic options to support a revised strategic position
Conducting a Strategic Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a strategic investigative project
- How to conduct research, using sources, and synthesise data and options
- How to draw conclusions and make recommendations that achieve the project aim
- Develop and review the results of the investigative project
Financial Planning – 6 Credits
- Understand how the financial plan supports strategic objectives
- Understand the construction of a financial plan
- How to promote the financial plan in support of strategic objectives
Developing a Marketing Strategy – 6 Credits
- How the marketing plan supports strategic objectives
- The construction of a marketing plan
- How to promote the marketing plan in support of strategic objectives
Strategic Project Management – 6 Credits
- The impact of projects and project management on strategic objectives
- The elements of a project process and plan
- How to implement the project plan and evaluate the outcome(s)
Strategic Leadership – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Strategic leadership styles
- Be able to understand leadership strategies and their impact on organisational direction
Strategic Leadership Practices – 7 Credits
- The relationship between strategic management and leadership
- Leadership principles that support organisational values
- Leadership strategies and the impact on organisation direction
Implementing Organisational Change Strategies – 7 Credits
- How to apply solutions to organisational change
- How to develop a change strategy using implementation models
- Analyse an organisational response to change
- How to evaluate the impact of change strategies
Strategic Human Resource Planning – 8 Credits
- How the HR plan supports the strategic objectives
- The legal and organisational frameworks for the employment of staff
- The effect of the organisational environment on staff
- The grievance, discipline and dismissal process
Strategic Planning – 9 Credits
- The purpose of a strategic plan
- How to select a strategic direction from analysis of alternative strategic options
- Implement, evaluate, monitor and review the strategic plan
Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility – 9 Credits
- The development and alignment of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- The evaluation, impact and reinforcement of the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
Developing Risk Management Strategies – 9 Credits
- The concept of risk, roles and responsibilities for risk management, and risk management tools and models
- Resourcing and implementation of risk management strategy
- Evaluation and management of risk management strategies
Introduction to Strategic Management & Leadership – 10 Credits
- The relationships and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information and apply knowledge to the skills of quantitative analysis
- Core marketing concepts, the need for staff increases and the evaluation and support of others
You don’t need any prior qualifications to enrol on the CMI Level 7 Certificate course—your eligibility will be determined by your past and current experience. The Level 7 course is designed for senior managers and strategic leaders within an organisation. If your role has a focus on the implementation of organisational strategy, this is the distance learning course for you.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 08000126770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 7 Certificate course, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI assignment help, including guides and tools to assist you throughout your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, it will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After the marking and feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice. This approach is designed to help you reach your full potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your personal progression forward.
Once you have completed your CMI Level 7 Certificate course, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your capability as a manager and your commitment to personal development, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because we’re Ofqual regulated you can be assured that every qualification we offer is high quality, valid and fit for purpose.
The CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership is comparable to a Master’s Degree, Postgraduate Diploma or Postgraduate Certificate. However, studying a CMI Certificate with DLC offers full flexibility, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see CMI Level 7 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full.
The CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership will require approximately 130 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 18 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
Finance shouldn’t stop you from achieving your career goals, which is why we offer a range of payment methods for our CMI courses, including interest-free payment plans. By paying a small deposit and setting up monthly, manageable payments via direct debit, you can enrol on the CMI Level 7 Certificate course straight away. To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper-free and can be completed online. Our Course Advisors are here to guide you through the process if you need some help.
We understand that paying for a course is a big investment, so we offer a guarantee to put your mind at ease. If you don’t pass your course first time, you can resit the entire study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on financing CMI Level 7 costs, or for details of our exclusive training grant, call us today on 08000126770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than with any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, with marking and constructive feedback available for every piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to get this arranged.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation and helping you manage your studies, so you stay on track to complete your CMI Level 7 Certificate course successfully.
As our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the CMI Level 7 Certificate can progress onto the CMI Level 7 Diploma. The diploma is a much more comprehensive course that covers a diverse and widespread framework.
Studying a CMI course can also open up more progression opportunities, such as the fast track MBA route. The CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership can be the first step to achieving MBA status, saving you tens of thousands in student loans and university fees. By progressing to an MBA through distance learning, you can also continue to work and earn a salary. The combination of accredited distance learning and a one-year MBA program is the most cost-effective and time-saving route available.
If you’re a senior manager, the CMI Level 7 Certificate in Strategic Management and Leadership can help you develop your confidence and ability as a strategic leader. It can also be used to certify your existing skills and knowledge, enabling you to take the next step towards Chartered Manager status.
Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager status, and are highly valued because of it.