CMI Level 7 Cost (Diploma Level):
Save £265 this month
CMI Level 7 Diploma
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is designed for strategic managers aspiring to develop their skills. A Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
Covering a range of topics, including financial management and planning, strategic project management and risk management strategies, the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership is ideal for individuals with responsibility for translating organisational strategy into effective performance. If you’d like to build your confidence and ability as a leader, or if you’re seeking to certify your existing skills, you can choose from a diverse range of units to tailor the Level 7 Diploma to your interests or professional needs.
With a study period of 18 months and a total qualification time of 390 hours, the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership distance learning course is a comprehensive and detailed study route to becoming a successful senior manager.
To successfully achieve the CMI Level 7 Diploma, you will be required to complete a minimum of 39 credits. To make up the credits needed to pass, you can select a combination of any units from Group A and Group B:
- Personal Development as a Strategic Manager (6 Credits)
- Developing Performance Management Strategies (7 Credits)
- Financial Management (7 Credits)
- Strategic Information Management (9 Credits)
- Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance (9 Credits)
- Conducting a Strategic Management Project (10 Credits)
- Financial Planning (6 Credits)
- Developing a Marketing Strategy (6 Credits)
- Strategic Project Management (6 Credits)
- Strategic Leadership (7 Credits)
- Strategic Leadership Practices (7 Credits)
- Implementing Organisational Change Strategies (7 Credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Planning (8 Credits)
- Strategic Planning (9 Credits)
- Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility (9 Credits)
- Developing Risk Management Strategies (9 Credits)
- Introduction to Strategic Management & Leadership (10 Credits)
Scroll down to learn more about each unit on the CMI Level 7 Diploma course, or click to collapse this section.
Personal Development as a Strategic Manager – 6 Credits
- Identify personal skills to achieve strategic ambitions
- Manage personal leadership development to support achievement of strategic ambitions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the leadership development plan
- How to advocate a staff welfare environment that supports organisational values
Developing Performance Management Strategies – 7 Credits
- Set performance targets of teams to meet strategic objectives
- How to agree team performance targets to contribute to meeting strategic objectives
- Monitor actions and activities defined to improve team performance
- How to apply influencing and persuading skills, to the dynamics and politics of personal interactions
Financial Management – 7 Credits
- Analyse financial data
- Assess budgets based on financial data to support organisational objectives
- Evaluate financial proposals for expenditure submitted by others
Strategic Information Management – 9 Credits
- The impact of management information on decision making
- The importance of information sharing within the organisation
- How to use information to inform and support strategic decision making
- Monitor and review management information
Reviewing Organisational Strategy Plans and Performance – 9 Credits
- Review and determine the organisational strategic aims and objectives
- Identify and analyse progress towards organisational strategic aims and objectives
- How to determine and evaluate strategic options to support a revised strategic position
Conducting a Strategic Management Project – 10 Credits
- Identify and justify a strategic investigative project
- How to conduct research, using sources, and synthesise data and options
- How to draw conclusions and make recommendations that achieve the project aim
- Develop and review the results of the investigative project
Financial Planning – 6 Credits
- Understand how the financial plan supports strategic objectives
- Understand the construction of a financial plan
- How to promote the financial plan in support of strategic objectives
Developing a Marketing Strategy – 6 Credits
- How the marketing plan supports strategic objectives
- The construction of a marketing plan
- How to promote the marketing plan in support of strategic objectives
Strategic Project Management – 6 Credits
- The impact of projects and project management on strategic objectives
- The elements of a project process and plan
- How to implement the project plan and evaluate the outcome(s)
Strategic Leadership – 7 Credits
- Understand the organisation’s ethical and value-based approach to leadership
- Strategic leadership styles
- Be able to understand leadership strategies and their impact on organisational direction
Strategic Leadership Practices – 7 Credits
- The relationship between strategic management and leadership
- Leadership principles that support organisational values
- Leadership strategies and the impact on organisation direction
Implementing Organisational Change Strategies – 7 Credits
- How to apply solutions to organisational change
- How to develop a change strategy using implementation models
- Analyse an organisational response to change
- How to evaluate the impact of change strategies
Strategic Human Resource Planning – 8 Credits
- How the HR plan supports the strategic objectives
- The legal and organisational frameworks for the employment of staff
- The effect of the organisational environment on staff
- The grievance, discipline and dismissal process
Strategic Planning – 9 Credits
- The purpose of a strategic plan
- How to select a strategic direction from analysis of alternative strategic options
- Implement, evaluate, monitor and review the strategic plan
Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility – 9 Credits
- The development and alignment of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- Implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
- The evaluation, impact and reinforcement of the Corporate Social Responsibility strategy
Developing Risk Management Strategies – 9 Credits
- The concept of risk, roles and responsibilities for risk management, and risk management tools and models
- Resourcing and implementation of risk management strategy
- Evaluation and management of risk management strategies
Introduction to Strategic Management & Leadership – 10 Credits
- The relationships and construction of a personal development plan
- How to understand data and information and apply knowledge to the skills of quantitative analysis
- Core marketing concepts, the need for staff increases and the evaluation and support of others
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification to develop your career, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks, and the tailored feedback you’ll receive for each one, is to help you to develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, giving you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of CMI assignment help, guides and tools to assist you with completing your Level 7 Diploma.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. When you have received feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice. This supportive approach is designed to help you get the most out of your potential.
The Chartered Management Institute (CMI) is a highly regarded organisation, which accredits internationally-recognised leadership and management qualifications. CMI qualifications are designed to equip you with the knowledge you need to drive your management career forward.
Once you have completed your Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, you will receive an Ofqual regulated certificate that demonstrates your commitment to personal development and your ability as a manager, which is highly sought after by employers.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains educational standards across England. Because we are Ofqual regulated, you can trust that the qualifications we deliver are high quality and will have a tangible impact on your career.
The CMI Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership is comparable to a Master’s Degree, Postgraduate Diplomas and Postgraduate Certificates. Studying a CMI Diploma with DLC offers full flexibility for a qualification of the same level, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
To see CMI Level 7 Diploma mapped out in full, download our qualification framework.
The CMI Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership will require approximately 390 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 18 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and a team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. If you feel like you need further study time for any reason, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment in both time and money, so to help put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If for any reason you are unable to pass your course the first time, you can resit the whole study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Studying with DLC offers more one-to-one support than with any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, with the opportunity for marking and constructive feedback on every piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, helping you manage your studies and work/life balance, and keeping you on track with your Level 7 Diploma.
As our distance learning courses can be completed entirely online, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home, with maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as you need to; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team in whichever way you prefer.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who successfully complete the CMI Level 7 Diploma can progress onto the CMI Level 7 Extended Diploma. The extended diploma is a much more comprehensive course that covers a diverse and widespread framework of topics.
Studying the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership via distance learning can also open up more progression opportunities, such as the fast track MBA route. This course can be the first step to achieving MBA status, saving you tens of thousands in student loans and university fees. By progressing to an MBA through distance learning, you can continue to work and earn a salary whilst studying.
The combination of accredited distance learning and a one-year MBA program is the most cost-effective and time-saving route available.
If you’re a senior manager, the CMI Level 7 Diploma in Management and Leadership can develop your confidence and ability as a strategic leader. It can also be used to certify your existing skills and knowledge, enabling you to take the next step towards Chartered Manager status.
Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager status, and are highly valued because of it.