ILM Level 2 Cost (Award Level):
Save £224 this month
ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills Training Course
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills will equip you with a basic understanding of the various roles and responsibilities of a team leader, as well as introducing you to the theories and principles of management.
This course is an ideal entry point into the leadership and management field, particularly if you are aiming to make the transition from team member to team leader. The ILM Level 2 Award can also support you if you’re a practising supervisor, by improving your ability to communicate effectively and solve problems.
With a study period of 6 months and a recommendation of 30 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills is a concise leadership course designed to give you a broad understanding of the skills required of a successful leader.
The ILM Level 2 course is designed to offer a wide range of topics, so you can tailor your management training to your interests and priorities. To successfully achieve the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills, you will need to complete a minimum of 3 credits, up to a maximum of 12.
In order to earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader (1 Credit)
- Improving Performance of the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Developing the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Communicating With People Outside the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Managing Yourself (1 Credit)
- Methods of Communicating in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment (1 Credit)
- Workplace Communication (1 Credit)
- Understanding Effective Team Working (1 Credit)
- Providing Quality to Customers (1 Credit)
- Diversity in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Briefing the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Satisfying Customer Requirements (1 Credit)
- Working with Customers Legally (1 Credit)
- Workplace Records and Information Systems (1 Credit)
- Gathering, Interpreting and Utilising Data in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Using Information to Solve Problems (1 Credit)
- Setting Team Objectives in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Meeting Customer Needs (2 Credits)
- Business Improvement Techniques (2 Credits)
- Leading Your Work Team (2 Credits)
- Planning and Monitoring Work (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Change in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Induction and Coaching in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Enterprise Awareness (3 Credits)
For more detail on what each of these units involves, read on below.
Developing Yourself as a Team Leader – 1 Credit
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the team leader
- Be able to seek feedback on their workplace performance to identify strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement
Improving Performance of the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand the organisation’s requirements in relation to team performance
- Understand how to address under-performance
- Understand the role of motivation in improving performance
Developing the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand the nature of teams
- Explain how teams differ from groups in the workplace
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of team working
- Identify the responsibilities of team members
Communicating With People Outside the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of effective communication with people outside the team
- Give examples of the methods of communicating with those outside of team
- Understand how to present a positive impression to those outside the team
Managing Yourself – 1 Credit
- Know how to use effective personal time management to achieve team goals
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in time management
- Know how to manage own stress
Methods of Communicating in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of effective communication in the workplace
- Outline the possible impacts of poor communication in the workplace
- Understand how to use methods to communicate effectively in the workplace
- Identify barriers to communication and explain how these could be overcome
Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment – 1 Credit
- Understand responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain how to communicate health and safety requirements to the team
- Know how to conduct a risk assessment of the team’s work environment
Workplace Communication – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of effective communication
- Understand methods of communication
- Understand the importance of maintaining accurate records of communication
Understanding Effective Team Working – 1 Credit
- Understand effective working teams
- Identify possible barriers to effective team working
- Explain how to create and maintain an effective team
Providing Quality to Customers – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of quality within the organisation
- Outline a quality system relevant to the organisation
- Know how to deliver quality within the organisation
Diversity in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Understand how to contribute to a positive workplace environment
- Explain how a team leader can promote equality and diversity in the team
- Understand how to deal with difficulties arising from diverse individual
Briefing the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand how to plan for a team briefing
- Be able to deliver a team briefing
- Be able to report back on a team briefing
Leading Your Work Team – 2 Credits
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Explain why leadership is important within own team
- Understand a range of leadership styles, their benefits and potential impact on individuals and performance.
Planning and Monitoring Work – 2 Credits
- Understand how to work within the organisational guidelines to achieve team goals
- Understand how to plan and allocate work
- Understand how to monitor a team’s performance against the plan
Understanding the Change in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand change in the workplace
- Internal or external reasons or factors for change in the workplace
- Know how to support the implementation of change in the workplace
Induction and Coaching in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Describe the benefits of induction
- Understand how to integrate new members in the team
- Know how to coach individuals in the team
Enterprise Awareness – 3 Credits
- Understand the enterprise environment
- Understand finance and enterprise
- Understand resources within enterprise
- Understand customer focus
If you’re interested in finding out more about the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills, read on below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will analyse your current experience and career goals, in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to discuss any questions you may have about the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills, or any of our other ILM courses.
At the end of each chosen unit, you’ll complete a short assignment. All tasks and ILM Level 2 assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of ILM assignment help, with resources, guides and tools to assist you throughout your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback.
Each ILM qualification is a vocational course that is fully accredited and regulated by Ofqual. Vocational courses are designed to give you relevant and transferable skills, ensuring you succeed in ‘real’ world leadership roles.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains the standards of education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we produce is high quality, comprehensive and fit for purpose.
The ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills is roughly equivalent to a GCSE graded A* to C, or a Level 2 BTEC. However, with DLC, you can complete all of your studies online. This means you can complete the course in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework to view ILM Level 2 equivalent qualifications mapped out, alongside our range of other management qualifications.
The ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills will require approximately 30 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 6 months of unrivalled support from a personally assigned mentor and team of expert tutors, who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and recognise the challenges of balancing your professional goals with current commitments. If you find that you need extra study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so we offer a guarantee to put your mind at ease. If you are unable to pass your course first time for any reason, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may also be eligible for funding. To find out more about ILM Level 2 costs, and to get more information about our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
At Distance Learning College, we offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on your development and growth, and we offer constructive feedback on every piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They are highly trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance, and keeping you on track with your ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills.
As we offer all of our ILM courses online, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home, with maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as you need to, by logging into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Our support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it. Get in touch today to find out more about the support you can receive with our ILM Level 2 distance learning course.
If you successfully complete the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills, you can progress onto the Level 2 Certificate. The credits you gain during your Award will count towards the credits you need to achieve a Certificate, meaning you will have fewer assignments and units left to complete the full qualification.
You can also choose to progress onto the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership Management or a level 3 management qualification from any other institute. To find out more about the progression path of our ILM qualifications, get in touch with our Course Advisors today.
If you’re an aspiring team leader, the ILM Level 2 Award in Leadership and Team Skills will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to move into a supervisory role. This team leading course will demonstrate your commitment to your career, as well as certifying your leadership abilities.
By choosing to study ILM Level 2 online, you will gain a valuable qualification without disrupting your current professional and personal commitments. This course will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch