ILM Level 2 Cost (Certificate Level):
Save £298 this month
ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills Training Course
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills focuses on communication, working with people, providing direction and getting results. Whatever your sector or management style, ILM Level 2 is a valuable accreditation to achieve.
Designed for those who want to build upon their existing management skills, the ILM Level 2 Certificate course can enhance your ability to improve teams and motivate staff, whilst developing your confidence as a leader. With units that offer practical and transferable skills, this leadership and management course will boost your confidence, certify your skills and equip you with the knowledge to take your career to the next level.
With a study period of 12 months and a recommendation of 130 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills is designed to develop your management capabilities and vastly improve your career prospects.
The ILM Level 2 course covers a wide range of topics, to help you certify your skills and establish your position as a leader. To successfully achieve the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills, you will need to complete a minimum of 13 credits.
In order to earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Developing Yourself as a Team Leader (1 Credit)
- Improving Performance of the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Developing the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Communicating With People Outside the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Managing Yourself (1 Credit)
- Methods of Communicating in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment (1 Credit)
- Workplace Communication (1 Credit)
- Understanding Effective Team Working (1 Credit)
- Providing Quality to Customers (1 Credit)
- Diversity in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Briefing the Work Team (1 Credit)
- Satisfying Customer Requirements (1 Credit)
- Working with Customers Legally (1 Credit)
- Workplace Records and Information Systems (1 Credit)
- Gathering, Interpreting and Utilising Data in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Using Information to Solve Problems (1 Credit)
- Setting Team Objectives in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Meeting Customer Needs (2 Credits)
- Business Improvement Techniques (2 Credits)
- Leading Your Work Team (2 Credits)
- Planning and Monitoring Work (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Change in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Induction and Coaching in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Enterprise Awareness (3 Credits)
For more detail on what each of these units involves, read on below.
Developing Yourself as a Team Leader – 1 Credit
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the team leader
- Be able to seek feedback on their workplace performance to identify strengths, weaknesses and areas for improvement
Improving Performance of the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand the organisation’s requirements in relation to team performance
- Understand how to address under-performance
- Understand the role of motivation in improving performance
Developing the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand the nature of teams
- Explain how teams differ from groups in the workplace
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of team working
- Identify the responsibilities of team members
Communicating With People Outside the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of effective communication with people outside the team
- Give examples of the methods of communicating with those outside of team
- Understand how to present a positive impression to those outside the team
Managing Yourself – 1 Credit
- Know how to use effective personal time management to achieve team goals
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in time management
- Know how to manage own stress
Methods of Communicating in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of effective communication in the workplace
- Outline the possible impacts of poor communication in the workplace
- Understand how to use methods to communicate effectively in the workplace
- Identify barriers to communication and explain how these could be overcome
Maintaining a Healthy and Safe Working Environment – 1 Credit
- Understand responsibilities for health and safety
- Explain how to communicate health and safety requirements to the team
- Know how to conduct a risk assessment of the team’s work environment
Workplace Communication – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of effective communication
- Understand methods of communication
- Understand the importance of maintaining accurate records of communication
Understanding Effective Team Working – 1 Credit
- Understand effective working teams
- Identify possible barriers to effective team working
- Explain how to create and maintain an effective team
Providing Quality to Customers – 1 Credit
- Understand the importance of quality within the organisation
- Outline a quality system relevant to the organisation
- Know how to deliver quality within the organisation
Diversity in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Understand how to contribute to a positive workplace environment
- Explain how a team leader can promote equality and diversity in the team
- Understand how to deal with difficulties arising from diverse individual
Briefing the Work Team – 1 Credit
- Understand how to plan for a team briefing
- Be able to deliver a team briefing
- Be able to report back on a team briefing
Satisfying Customer Requirements – 1 Credit
- Know how to satisfy customer requirements
- Explain how service level agreements and customer satisfaction levels are set and monitored
- Identify internal and external customers
Working with Customers Legally – 1 Credit
- Understand the customer’s rights in line with current UK legislation
- Understand the responsibilities of the team in line with organisational policy
- Understand the organisation’s complaints procedure
Workplace Records and Information Systems – 1 Credit
- Understand the reasons for keeping records within an organisation
- Understand how data and information is stored, indexed and retrieved
- Understand the importance of ensuring the confidentiality and security of records
Gathering, Interpreting and Utilising Data in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Know how to gather and interpret data for action
- Explain how to select the appropriate data for the identified purpose
- Describe how to use the data effectively for the identified purpose
Using Information to Solve Problems – 1 Credit
- Be able to use information to solve problems
- Use different methods to gather and/or retrieve information involving the team to help solve the problem
- Apply a recognised technique to solve the problem
Setting Team Objectives in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand methods of time management
- Be able to set, prioritise and monitor SMART objectives for the team
- Be able to assess achievement of workplace objectives
Meeting Customer Needs – 2 Credits
- Understand customer care and the benefits of good customer care
- Know how to meet customer needs
- Understand the importance of collecting, storing and interpreting customer feedback
Business Improvement Techniques – 2 Credits
- Understand the importance of continuous quality and performance improvement within the workplace
- Know how to use business improvement tools and techniques to continuously improve the workplace
- Know how to communicate the benefits of the identified improvement for implementation
Leading Your Work Team – 2 Credits
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Explain why leadership is important within own team
- Understand a range of leadership styles, their benefits and potential impact on individuals and performance.
Planning and Monitoring Work – 2 Credits
- Understand how to work within the organisational guidelines to achieve team goals
- Understand how to plan and allocate work
- Understand how to monitor a team’s performance against the plan
Understanding the Change in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand change in the workplace
- Internal or external reasons or factors for change in the workplace
- Know how to support the implementation of change in the workplace
Induction and Coaching in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Describe the benefits of induction
- Understand how to integrate new members in the team
- Know how to coach individuals in the team
Enterprise Awareness – 3 Credits
- Understand the enterprise environment
- Understand finance and enterprise
- Understand resources within enterprise
- Understand customer focus
If you’re interested in finding out more about the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills, read on below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will discuss your current experience, career goals and personal interests, in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have about the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills, or any of our other ILM qualifications.
Throughout the ILM Level 2 Certificate course, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks for each unit. Once completed, these tasks will then be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks, alongside the tailored feedback you’ll receive from our tutors, is to track your development. By tracking your development, DLC ensures you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, in order to give you the best chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of ILM Level 2 assignment help, with resources, guides and tools to assist you throughout your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. You will then have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments.
Each ILM qualification is a vocational course that is fully accredited, as well as being regulated by Ofqual. Vocational courses are designed to give you relevant and transferable skills, ensuring you have the skills to succeed in ‘real’ world leadership roles.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains the standards of education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we produce is high quality, comprehensive and fit for purpose.
The ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills is roughly equivalent to a GCSE graded A* to C, or a Level 2 BTEC. However, ILM courses with DLC are studied in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework to view ILM Level 2 equivalent qualifications mapped out, alongside our range of other qualifications.
The ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills will require approximately 130 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 12 months of unrivalled support from a personally assigned mentor and team of expert tutors, who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and recognise the challenges of balancing your professional goals with current commitments. If you find you need some extra study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so we offer a guarantee to put your mind at ease. If you are unable to pass your course first time, you can resit the whole study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may also be eligible for funding. To find out more about financing ILM level 2 costs, or to get details of our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
At Distance Learning College, we offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. By offering constructive feedback and marking each piece of work you submit, we ensure the DLC learning experience is focused on your personal development and growth. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They will be there to provide motivation, help you manage your studies and work/life balance, and keep you on track to complete your ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills.
As DLC offer all of our ILM courses online, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home, with maximum flexibility. The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it. Get in touch today to find out more about the support you can receive with our ILM Level 2 Certificate course.
If you successfully complete the ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills, you can progress to the ILM Level 2 Diploma or the Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management. You can also choose to progress onto a level 3 management qualification from any other institute.
A Level 3 qualification will develop your key management skills, and is best suited to team leaders hoping to take their management career to the next level.
If you’re an aspiring team leader, or perhaps in another position with management responsibilities, the Level 2 Leadership Certificate will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to move into a supervisory role.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your leadership skills. The ILM Level 2 Certificate in Leadership and Team Skills will enhance your career prospects, expand your earning potential and certify your existing leadership experience. Get in touch today to find out more about our range of ILM qualifications at DLC.
get in touch