ILM Level 3 Cost (Award Level):
Save £367 this month
ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management Training Course
If you are a practising team leader hoping to advance in your management career, the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management will help you to develop a range of key management skills. This ILM accreditation covers key skills such as how to organise and delegate, as well as how to manage relationships and lead during times of organisational pressure.
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) is an internationally recognised awarding body that accredits qualifications which are widely recognised and sought after by employers across the world. The ILM Level 3 Award course can be custom-built to suit your career goals, with a wide range of units to choose from. The flexibility of this ILM course allows you to develop the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful manager.
With a study period of 6 months and a recommendation of 40 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management is a short course that’s ideal for those just starting out or with minimal experience in the leadership field.
The ILM Level 3 course covers a range of key management skills, and is designed to support practising team leaders aiming to take their career to the next level. To successfully achieve the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management, you will need to complete a minimum of 4 credits, up to a maximum of 12.
To earn your credits, you can choose from a wide range of study units, including:
- Understanding Costs and Budget in an Organisation (1 Credit)
- Understanding Workplace Information Systems (1 Credit)
- Understanding Marketing for Managers (1 Credit)
- Writing for Business (1 Credit)
- Understanding How to Establish an Effective Team (1 Credit)
- Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Understanding Discipline in the Workplace (1 Credit)
- Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace (2 Credit)
- Understanding How to Motivate and Improve Performance (2 Credits)
- Developing Yourself and Others (2 Credits)
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions (2 Credits)
- Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation (2 Credits)
- Planning Change in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Planning and Allocating Work (2 Credits)
- Contributing to Innovation and Creativity in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding Leadership (2 Credits)
- Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding Quality Management in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Managing Workplace Projects (2 Credits)
- Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Organisation and its Context (2 Credits)
- Understanding Performance Management (2 Credits)
- Giving Briefings and Making Presentations (2 Credits)
- Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements (2 Credits)
- Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Understanding How to Lead Effective Meetings (2 Credits)
- Understanding How to Manage the Efficient Use of Materials and Equipment (2 Credits)
- Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace (3 Credits)
For more detail on what each of these units involves, read on below.
Understanding Costs and Budgets in an Organisation – 1 Credit
- Understand budgets within an organisation
- Describe a method to monitor variance between actual and budgeted performance
- Understand costs within an organisation
- Describe mechanisms in the organisation to maintain control of costs
Understanding Workplace Information Systems – 1 Credit
- Understand the need to maintain information systems
- Identify records which are included under relevant legislation
- Understand the use and application of IT applications for information systems in an organisation
- Describe how data used to manage workplace information is backed up in the organisation
Understanding Marketing for Managers – 1 Credit
- Understand basic marketing concepts
- Identify the key elements of an organisations marketing strategy
- Understand the marketing context
- Organisational SWOT analysis in the marketing context
Writing for Business – 1 Credit
- Know how to write for business
- Use effective and appropriate tone, language and level of formality to meet specified standards when writing for a business purpose
- Incorporate basic statistics and visual material in the content or in an appendix
Understanding How to Establish an Effective Team – 1 Credit
- Understand how to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Describe behaviours which could develop and maintain trust at work
- Understand how to build a team
- Describe the stages of an established model of group formation
Understanding Stress Management in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Know how to manage stress in the workplace
- Explain a practical stress management technique
- Understand how to support individuals in the team and minimise stress in others
- Explain how and when to provide advice, mentoring or counselling to support individuals in the workplace
Understanding Discipline in the Workplace – 1 Credit
- Understand the legal aspects and organisational policy relating to discipline in the workplace
- Identify an organisation’s employment policies and procedures that could guide the manager in dealing with disciplinary issues
- Understand how to monitor discipline in the workplace
- Identify the interpersonal behaviour and support skills required by a manager to monitor discipline in the workplace
Understanding Recruitment and Selection of New Staff in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Know how to plan to recruit and select new staff in the workplace
- Explain how to conduct a job analysis and prepare a job description and person specification for an identified post
- Know how to select the right person
- Explain a recognised selection technique that could be used during interviews
Understanding How to Motivate to Improve Performance – 2 Credits
- Understand the factors that influence motivation levels in the workplace
- Explain the potential impact on organisational performance if employee motivation levels are low
- Understand how a theory of motivation can be used to improve performance levels
- Explain how to use employee engagement to increase motivation levels
Developing Yourself and Others – 2 credits
- Know how to identify development needs
- Identify potential barriers to learning
- Explain how barriers to learning can be overcome
- Know how to develop self and others to achieve organisational objectives
- Describe a method that could be used to monitor the development of self and another member of the team
- Explain any recognised technique a manager could use to minimise and resolve conflict in the workplace
Solving Problems and Making Decisions – 2 Credits
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision
- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
Understanding Innovation and Change in an Organisation – 2 Credits
- Understand innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand the effects of innovation and change on people and teams in an organisation
Planning Change in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand the forces for change in an organisation
- Identify the forces that may require own organisation to change by conducting a simple PESTLE or SWOT analysis
- Know how to identify and plan change in an organisation
- Explain how to communicate with and involve people to facilitate effective change
Planning and Allocating Work – 2 Credits
- Know how to plan work in the workplace
- Know how to allocate work to team members
- Understand how to improve the performance of a team in delivering to plan
Contributing to Innovation and Creativity in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand what innovation is
- Understand the different types of innovation and their application within an organisation
- Understand the drivers of innovation
- Understand the conditions that promote and hinder innovation in the workplace
- Understand the use of creative thinking in innovation
- Understand the innovation process
- Understand how to implement and measure the impact of innovation
Understanding Leadership – 2 Credits
- Understand leadership styles
- Describe the factors that will influence the choice of leadership styles or behaviours in workplace situations
- Understand leadership qualities and review own leadership qualities and potential
- Describe appropriate actions to enhance own leadership behaviour in the context of the particular leadership model
Understanding Training and Coaching in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand how to provide training appropriate to the workplace
- Explain how knowledge of different learning styles can assist when training individuals in the workplace
- Understand how to coach an individual in an organisation
- Describe a method of evaluating the effectiveness of coaching in the workplace
Understanding Quality Management in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand the importance of quality management within the workplace
- Explain the difference between design quality standards and process quality standards
- Understand how quality is delivered within the workplace
- Describe records for maintaining quality in the workplace
Managing Workplace Projects – 2 credits
- Know how to manage a simple workplace project
- Use a project evaluation technique to evaluate the project
- Understand the financial and non-financial implications of a workplace project
- Identify wider non-financial implications that can result from the workplace project
Understanding Health and Safety in the Workplace – 2 Credit
- Understand the organisation’s policy and responsibilities for ensuring a safe and healthy working environment
- List current legislation and industry regulations relating to health, safety and welfare at work as relevant to a specific organisation
- Understand own responsibilities for health and safety in the workplace
- Describe how to monitor health and safety in the workplace
Understanding the Organisation and its Context – 2 Credits
- Understand the organisation as an entity
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of managers at different levels of an organisation
- Understand the context within which the organisation operates
- Prepare a PESTLE analysis of an organisation
Understanding Performance Management – 2 Credits
- Understand the value of assessing performance to meet organisational and individual needs
- Know how to manage performance of individuals in the team
- Understand the value of feedback in the workplace
- Know how to manage under-performance in the workplace
Giving Briefings and Making Presentations – 2 Credits
- Be able to plan a briefing or presentation
- Be able to conduct a briefing or presentation
- Be able to evaluate a briefing or presentation
Understanding Customer Service Standards and Requirements– 2 Credits
- Understand the legal and organisational requirement for managing customer service
- Understand customer service standards
- Know how to monitor customer service performance
Understanding the Communication Process in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand the nature and importance of the communication process in the workplace
- Understand the methods of communication
- Be able to assess own effectiveness in communication
Understanding How to Lead Effective Meetings – 2 Credits
- Understand how to prepare and plan a meeting
- Describe how to prepare prior to a meeting
- Understand how to manage a meeting
- Explain the purposes of minutes and action plans
Understanding How to Manage the Efficient Use of Materials and Equipment – 2 Credits
- Understand how material stocks are acquired, controlled and recorded in an organisation
- Understand the need for effective and efficient use of equipment
- Know how to minimise waste in an organisation
Understanding Conflict Management in the Workplace – 3 Credits
- Understand conflict management in the workplace
- Explain the effects of conflict on individual and team performance at work
- Describe how a manager could promote a positive atmosphere in order to minimise the adverse effects of conflict
If you’re interested in finding out more about the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Team Skills, read on below or get in contact with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will consider your current experience and career goals, in order to make an informed suggestion of the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks, alongside the tailored feedback you’ll receive from our tutors, is to track your development. The tasks will ensure you build a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore give you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All ILM level 3 assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of ILM assignment help, with resources, guides and tools to assist you throughout your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. You will then have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments.
Each ILM qualification is a vocational course that is fully accredited and regulated by Ofqual. Vocational courses are designed to give you relevant and transferable skills, ensuring you can successfully fulfil a leadership role in the ‘real’ world.
Ofqual is the government body that moderates the standard of education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we produce is of high quality, comprehensive and fit for purpose.
The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management is roughly equivalent to an AS or A-Level qualification, or a Level 3 NVQ. With ILM courses from DLC, however, you can study in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework to view ILM Level 3 equivalent qualifications mapped out, alongside our range of other qualifications.
The ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management will require approximately 40 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 6 months of unrivalled support from your personal mentor and team of expert tutors.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and recognise the challenges of balancing your professional goals with current commitments. Should you find that you need extra study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so we offer a guarantee to put your mind at ease. If you are unable to pass your course first time for any reason, you can resit the whole study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on financing ILM Level 3 costs, or about our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
DLC offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The DLC learning experience is entirely focused on your development and growth, by offering practical feedback and marking each piece of work you submit. In addition to the extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your main point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They are highly trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to complete the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management.
With Distance Learning College, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home, with maximum flexibility. Throughout the ILM Level 3 course, you can revisit your online resources and study guides as often as you need to, by logging into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can also contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it. Get in touch today to find out more about the support you can receive with our ILM Level 3 distance learning course.
If you successfully complete the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management, you can progress onto the Level 3 Certificate. The credits you gain during your Award will count towards the credits you need to achieve the Certificate, meaning you will have fewer assignments and units left to complete the full qualification.
You can also choose to progress onto the ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management. The level 4 qualification helps you get to grips with a middle management position, gain comprehensive business knowledge and develop the skills you need at this level of leadership.
If you’re a practising team leader, and looking to take your career to the next level, the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management will help you gain the knowledge and skills required to accelerate your career.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates your commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. Achieving an ILM Level 3 qualification will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch