ILM Level 4 Cost (Certificate Level):
Save £458 this month
ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management Training Course
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management equips you with skills in six areas: working with people, managing yourself and personal skills, providing direction, facilitating innovation and change, achieving results and using resources.
The ILM Level 4 course is designed for middle managers looking to develop their leadership skills. This ILM course will allow you to formalise your existing management experience, and give you the knowledge to successfully manage larger teams. By combining fundamental management skills and practical experience with critical theory, this leadership course can drive your management career forward.
With a study period of 18 months and a recommendation of 130 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management is an intermediate course designed to give you the full range of skills required to take your career to the next level.
The ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management is expertly designed to give practising and aspiring middle managers the skills to accelerate their careers. To successfully achieve the ILM Level 4 Certificate, you will need to complete a minimum of 13 credits.
To earn credits, you can choose from a wide range of units, including:
- Managing a Healthy and Safe Environment (2 Credits)
- Motivating People in the Workplace (2 Credits)
- Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions in the Workplace (3 Credits)
- Managing Meetings (3 Credits)
- Budgetary Planning and Control (3 credits)
- Delegating Authority in the Workplace (3 Credits)
- Managing Marketing Activities (3 Credits)
- Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation (4 Credits)
- Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance (4 Credits)
- Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity (4 Credits)
- Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area (4 Credits)
- Management Communication (4 Credits)
- Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace (6 Credits)
- Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context (6 Credits)
- Managing Personal Development (6 Credits) – Diploma only unit
For more detail on what each of these units involves, read on below.
Managing a Healthy and Safe Environment – 2 Credits
- Understand the importance of working in a healthy and safe environment
- Review current UK law and legislation on health and safety
- Be able to manage a healthy and safe environment
- Plan the implementation of recommendations to health and safety policy in own area of operation, using measurable targets
Motivating People in the Workplace – 2 Credits
- Understand the factors that may affect performance and motivation in the work place
- Evaluate the principal factors that may affect performance and motivation in the workplace
- Be able to improve levels of motivation and increase performance in the workplace
- Evaluate the impact
Solving Problems by Making Effective Decisions in the Workplace – 3 Credits
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact
- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision
- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
Managing Meetings – 3 Credits
- Understand different types of meetings and their suitability for different purposes
- Understand how to prepare effectively for a meeting
- Be able to develop own performance in managing meetings
Budgetary Planning and Control – 3 credits
- Understand how budgetary planning and the effective and controlled implementation of budgets both support and deliver the organisation’s objectives
- Review the effectiveness of the organisation’s budgetary planning process in supporting the delivery of the organisation’s strategic objectives and policies
- Understand how to measure and monitor performance against budgets and their objectives
- Recommend improvements to the organisation’s budgetary planning and implementation processes
Delegating Authority in the Workplace – 3 Credits
- Understand the benefits of delegation
- Be able to delegate effectively in the workplace
- Be able to improve own ability to delegate and empower others
Managing Marketing Activities – 3 Credits
- Understand the concepts involved in managing marketing
- Evaluate a range of marketing strategies
- Be able to review the effectiveness of marketing in an organisation
Understanding the Importance of Marketing for an Organisation – 4 Credits
- Understand the market within which an organisation operates
- Review the market within which own organisation operates, focusing on market size, the organisation’s share of that market and its competitor
- Understand the effectiveness of marketing within own organisation
- Make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of a marketing campaign within own organisation
Understanding the Management Role to Improve Management Performance – 4 Credits
- Understand the specific responsibilities of middle managers in enabling an organisation to achieve its goals
- Understand how communication and interpersonal skills affect managerial performance in the workplace
- Be able to assess personal development opportunities to improve own managerial performance
Planning and Leading a Complex Team Activity– 4 Credits
- Be able to plan a complex team activity
- Be able to communicate information on the activity to your team
- Be able to review own ability to lead a team through a complex activity
Managing Equality and Diversity in Own Area – 4 Credits
- Understand equality and diversity law, legislation and internal policies in relation to own area of responsibility
- Explain the implications of the legal requirements for equality and diversity on own area of responsibility
- Be able to influence the management of equality and diversity in own area of responsibility
Management Communication – 4 Credits
- Understand the importance of effective communication in management
- Be able to develop effective communication skills as a reflective manager
- Understand the impact of development on workplace performance
Managing and Implementing Change in the Workplace – 6 Credits
- Understand the reasons for change in an organisation
- Conduct an environmental and organisational analysis, to identify possible areas for change in own organisation
- Be able to manage and implement change in the workplace
- Develop a change implementation plan including details of how you will monitor and review the implementation of change
Understanding the Organisational Culture and Context – 6 Credits
- Understand the culture and context of the organisation
- Evaluate the organisation within its broader environment using appropriate environmental and organisational analysis techniques
- Understand own ability to function within organisational culture and ethical norms
- Propose how to uphold the ethical standards across the organisation
Managing Personal Development – 6 Credits (Diploma only unit)
- Understand how to identify and prioritise work-related development requirements
- Evaluate available development support and resources and their constraints, with employment supervisor and/or learning supervisor
- Be able to implement and evaluate planned development activities and apply learning in the workplace
- Understand the impact of development on workplace performance
If you would like to find out more about the ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management, read on below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if the ILM Level 4 Certificate is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments. Our advisors will analyse your current experience and career goals, in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management, you will be asked to complete a number of bited-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks, alongside the tailored feedback you’ll receive from our tutors, is to track your development. The tasks will ensure you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of ILM Level 4 assignment help, with resources, tools and guides to assist you throughout the course of your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, this will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. You will then have the opportunity to resubmit your level 4 assignment based on their comments.
Our ILM qualifications are accredited vocational courses, regulated by Ofqual. Vocational courses are designed to give you relevant and transferable skills, ensuring you have the best chance to succeed in ‘real’ world leadership roles.
Ofqual is the government body that maintain the standards of education across England. As we’re Ofqual regulated, you can rest assured that each qualification we produce is high quality, comprehensive and fit for purpose.
The ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management is roughly equivalent to certificates of higher education or Level 4 BTEC, NVQ and Key Skills certificates. With ILM courses from DLC, however, you can study in your own time, at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
To see ILM Level 4 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full, download our qualification framework.
The ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management will require approximately 130 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you will receive 18 months of unrivalled support from a personally assigned mentor and team of expert tutors, who are all dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and recognise the challenges of balancing your professional goals with current commitments. Should you find that you need extra study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so we offer a guarantee to put your mind at ease. If you are unable to pass your course first time for any reason, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on financing ILM Level 4 costs, and for details of our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
DLC offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The DLC learning experience is entirely focused on your development and growth, by offering constructive feedback and marking each piece of work you submit. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors; simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can help you to manage your studies, create a work/life balance and keep on track to complete your ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
As DLC offer all of our ILM courses online, you can study in your own time and from the comfort of your own home, with maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as you need to – simply log in to your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it. Get in touch today to find out more about how we can support you whilst you complete your ILM Level 4 Certificate.
If you successfully complete the ILM Level 4 Certificate, you can progress onto the Level 4 Diploma.. The credits achieved during your Certificate count towards your Diploma, meaning you will have fewer assignments and units left to complete.
Once you have achieved your Diploma, you can choose to progress onto the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management. Learners can also enrol onto a management level 5 qualification CMI or IoSCM after completion of an ILM level 4.
By completing the ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management, you can develop all the skills you need to become a successful manager who can effectively lead large teams and other managerial employees.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your leadership skills. Completing the ILM Level 4 Certificate can enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch