ILM Level 5 Cost (Award Level):
Save £357 this month
ILM Level 5 Award
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 Award caters to many management styles and is suitable for a range of different sectors. This accredited management qualification focuses on three essential leadership practices: how to use core management techniques to drive better performance, how to manage change effectively, and how to critically assess your beliefs and values in relation to management theories.
The ILM Level 5 Award is a concise qualification which is designed to help senior managers move into a more high-ranking leadership position. It will help develop your skills and experience, improve your performance, and prepare you for senior management responsibilities. You can also choose from a diverse range of units to complete your ILM qualification. The flexibility in choice allows the Level 5 Award to be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and employer.
With a study period of 6 months and a recommendation of 60 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is a detailed yet concise course, designed to give you a widespread basis of the skills required to be a successful senior leader.
To successfully achieve the ILM Level 5 Leadership and Management Award, you will be required to earn a minimum of 6 credits and a maximum of 12.
To make up the 6 credits needed to pass, you can choose from the following ILM level 5 Leadership and Management units:
- Understanding the Management of Facilities (2 Credits)
- Making Professional Presentations (2 Credits)
- Managing Improvement (3 Credits)
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Workplace (3 Credits)
- Making a Financial Case (3 Credits)
- Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics (3 Credits)
- Managing Customer Relations (3 Credits)
- Managing Work Analysis (3 Credits)
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives (4 Credits)
- Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness (4 Credits)
- Developing Critical Thinking (4 Credits)
- Managing Individual Development (4 Credits)
- Managing Projects in the Organisation (4 Credits)
- Managing Information (4 Credits)
- Managing Resources (4 Credits)
- Leading Innovation and Change (5 Credits)
- Understanding the Organisational Environment (5 Credits)
- Becoming an Effective Leader (5 Credits)
- Managing Recruitment (5 Credits)
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance (6 Credits)
Read on for more details about each unit or click to collapse this section.
Understanding the Management of Facilities – 2 Credits
- Understand facilities management roles and responsibilities and how they contribute to organisational goals
- Describe the roles and associated responsibilities for facilities management within own organisation
- Understand how to develop a facilities management plan in an organisation
Making Professional Presentations – 2 Credits
- Be able to plan a professional presentation
- Be able to deliver a professional presentation
- Be able to evaluate own ability to make professional presentations
Managing Improvement – 3 Credits
- Understand the effectiveness of the organisation
- Understand your own ability to manage and improve quality to meet customer requirements
- Be able to plan and implement projects to meet, and if possible exceed customer requirements
Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation – 3 Credits
- Understand the effectiveness of own organisation in dealing with workplace stress and conflict
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation in recognising workplace stress and conflict
- Be able to improve the management of workplace stress and conflict in own area of responsibility
Making a Financial Case – 3 Credits
- Understand financial concepts used to inform management decisions
- Explain the differences between capital and revenue expenditure
- Be able to make a financial case to inform a management decision
Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics – 3 Credits
- Understand organisational ethics and culture, in relation to own organisation
- Understand how an organisation’s ethics and culture influence leadership style and organisation structure
- Understand how to leverage ethics and culture to improve organisation performance
Managing Customer Relations – 3 Credits
- Be able to use environmental scanning to find and retain customers
- Conduct an environmental scan of the business environment in which your organisation operates
- Understand how the customer supply chain operates to meet customer requirements
Managing Work Analysis – 3 Credits
- Understand the strategic context and purpose of work analysis
- Be able to conduct a work analysis to improve organisational performance
- Be able to make decisions based on work analysis outcomes
Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives – 4 Credits
- Understand the importance of leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Assess the effectiveness of own organisation in measuring team performance against organisational goals and objectives
- Be able to develop and lead teams
- Mechanisms that are used to monitor progress against budgets and their objectives
Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness – 4 Credits
- Be able to assess the organisation’s ability to manage efficiently and effectively to achieve targets and objectives
- Assess own organisation’s ability to translate vision, mission and strategic goals into operational objectives with realistic and measurable targets
- Be able to evaluate own ability to manage efficiently and effectively
Developing Critical Thinking – 4 Credits
- Be able to critically assess own beliefs, attitudes and value systems
- Explain the difference between beliefs, attitudes and values
- Be able to critically assess the validity of management theories in relation to own beliefs, attitudes and values
Managing Individual Development – 4 Credits
- Be able to evaluate individual performance in an organisation
- Conduct a performance gap analysis
- Be able to implement a personal development plan, for an individual in an organisation
Managing Projects in the Organisation – 4 Credits
- Assess the usefulness of project management tools and techniques for managing a project within own organisation
- Be able to manage a project in an organisation
- Be able to evaluate own ability to manage a project
Managing Information – 4 Credits
- Understand the management of information within the organisation
- Be able to gather and analyse information to make decisions or solve problems in your area of responsibility
- Be able to disseminate information on a management decision, through the right organisational channels
Managing Resources – 4 Credits
- Evaluate the effective and efficient use of physical resources for which you are accountable, in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Understand how to manage physical resources for which you are accountable
- Be able to plan and implement improvements for managing physical resources for which you are accountable
Leading Innovation and Change – 5 Credits
- Understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation
- Be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance
- Be able to lead and manage change within an organisation
Understanding the Organisational Environment – 5 Credits
- Be able to analyse how an organisation is affected by the macro-environment
- Understand the impact of economic and political factors on the organisation
- Understand the legal environment within which the organisation operates
Becoming an Effective Leader – 5 Credits
- Understand own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role
- Use theories of emotional intelligence to review the effect of emotions on own and others’ performance
- Be able to evaluate own ability to lead others
Managing Recruitment – 5 Credits
- Understand human resource planning in an organisation
- Explain the role and relevance of human resource planning in own organisation
- Be able to plan and implement recruitment n line with legal and organisational requirements
Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance – 6 Credits
- Understand leadership styles within an organisation
- Be able to review the effectiveness of own leadership capability and performance in meeting organisational values and goals
- Be able to adopt an effective leadership style to motivate staff to achieve organisational values and goals
If you would like to find out more about the ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management, read through the sections below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if the ILM Level 5 Award is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where they will analyse your current experience and recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing the essay-based assignments at the end of each unit.
All ILM Level 5 assignments and tasks are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources, guides and tools to assist you during the course of your studies.
Once you have submitted each end-of-unit assignment, it will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors, who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After the marking and feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
Our ILM management qualifications are delivered through vocational courses which are fully regulated by Ofqual. Vocational means that every course is designed to give students relevant and transferable skills, ensuring that you have the right grounding to fulfil a leadership role in the ‘real’ world.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because we’re Ofqual regulated, you can be assured that every single qualification we produce is of high quality, valid and fit for purpose.
The ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is comparable to a Foundation Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND). Studying a Level 5 ILM course online with DLC allows you to study in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
Download our qualification framework to see ILM Level 5 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full.
The ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management will require approximately 60 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 6 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and the team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible distance learning provider in the UK and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If you don’t pass your course first time for any reason, you can resit the whole study period completely free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on financing ILM Level 5 costs, or for details of our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Distance Learning College (DLC) offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student. We mark every piece of work you submit—not just your final assignment—and offer personalised constructive feedback each time. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors; simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor if you would like to attend.
Your highly trained mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They can help provide motivation and give tips on improving your work/life balance, as well as helping you stay on track to successfully complete your ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, offering maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the Leadership and Management tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at DLC.
Our support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 5 Management and Leadership Award can progress onto the ILM Level 5 Certificate. When taking this route, the Award counts towards the credits you need to gain the Certificate, meaning you’ll have fewer assignments and units left to complete.
Those looking to move on to the next level can choose a IoSCM Level 6 Award in Management and Leadership.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, the ILM Level 5 Leadership course will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to successfully secure a promotion from your current middle management role.
Gaining a professional ILM qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.