ILM Level 5 Cost (Certificate Level):
Save £360 this month
ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management Training Course
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 Certificate will build upon and broaden the skills a senior manager already has, giving them the practical techniques to excel as a strong and effective leader.
The benefits of an ILM qualification are endless. The Level 5 management course focuses on the development of an individual’s ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team, providing strategic leadership as well as improving day-to-day operational management, benchmarking their managerial skills and raising their profile within the organisation—making ILM Level 5 one of the best management qualifications to have.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate is aimed at those with considerable management experience and for those looking to take their next career step to the higher-ranking leadership positions within an organisation. Studying with ILM offers you real, practical and transferable skills that can be immediately implemented into the workplace.
With a study period of 18 months and a recommendation of 130 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is the perfect preparation for successful transition into senior leadership.
To successfully achieve the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, you will be required to complete a minimum of 13 credits, up to a maximum of 36.
To make up the 13 credits needed to pass, you can choose from the following ILM Level 5 course units:
- Understanding the Management of Facilities (2 Credits)
- Making Professional Presentations (2 Credits)
- Managing Improvement (3 Credits)
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Workplace (3 Credits)
- Making a Financial Case (3 Credits)
- Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics (3 Credits)
- Managing Customer Relations (3 Credits)
- Managing Work Analysis (3 Credits)
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives (4 Credits)
- Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness (4 Credits)
- Developing Critical Thinking (4 Credits)
- Managing Individual Development (4 Credits)
- Managing Projects in the Organisation (4 Credits)
- Managing Information (4 Credits)
- Managing Resources (4 Credits)
- Leading Innovation and Change (5 Credits)
- Understanding the Organisational Environment (5 Credits)
- Becoming an Effective Leader (5 Credits)
- Managing Recruitment (5 Credits)
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance (6 Credits)
For full details, read on for more information about each unit or click to collapse this section.
Understanding the Management of Facilities – 2 Credits
- Understand facilities management roles and responsibilities and how they contribute to organisational goals
- Describe the roles and associated responsibilities for facilities management within own organisation
- Understand how to develop a facilities management plan in an organisation
Making Professional Presentations – 2 Credits
- Be able to plan a professional presentation
- Be able to deliver a professional presentation
- Be able to evaluate own ability to make professional presentations
Managing Improvement – 3 Credits
- Understand the effectiveness of the organisation
- Understand own ability to manage and improve quality to meet customer requirements
- Be able to plan and implement projects to meet, and if possible exceed customer requirements
Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation – 3 Credits
- Understand the effectiveness of own organisation in dealing with workplace stress and conflict
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation in recognising workplace stress and conflict
- Be able to improve the management of workplace stress and conflict in own area of responsibility
Making a Financial Case – 3 Credits
- Understand financial concepts used to inform management decisions
- Explain the differences between capital and revenue expenditure
- Be able to make a financial case to inform a management decision
Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics – 3 Credits
- Understand organisational ethics and culture, in relation to own organisation
- Understand how an organisation’s ethics and culture influence leadership style and organisation structure
- Understand how to leverage ethics and culture to improve organisation performance
Managing Customer Relations – 3 Credits
- Be able to use environmental scanning to find and retain customers
- Conduct an environmental scan of the business environment in which your organisation operates
- Understand how the customer supply chain operates to meet customer requirements
Managing Work Analysis – 3 Credits
- Understand the strategic context and purpose of work analysis
- Be able to conduct a work analysis to improve organisational performance
- Be able to make decisions based on work analysis outcomes
Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives – 4 Credits
- Understand the importance of leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Assess the effectiveness of own organisation in measuring team performance against organisational goals and objectives
- Be able to develop and lead teams
- Mechanisms that are used to monitor progress against budgets and their objectives
Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness – 4 Credits
- Be able to assess the organisation’s ability to manage efficiently and effectively to achieve targets and objectives
- Assess own organisation’s ability to translate vision, mission and strategic goals into operational objectives with realistic and measurable targets
- Be able to evaluate own ability to manage efficiently and effectively
Developing Critical Thinking – 4 Credits
- Be able to critically assess own beliefs, attitudes and value systems
- Explain the difference between beliefs, attitudes and values
- Be able to critically assess the validity of management theories in relation to own beliefs, attitudes and values
Managing Individual Development – 4 Credits
- Be able to evaluate individual performance in an organisation
- Conduct a performance gap analysis
- Be able to implement a personal development plan, for an individual in an organisation
Managing Projects in the Organisation – 4 Credits
- Assess the usefulness of project management tools and techniques for managing a project within own organisation
- Be able to manage a project in an organisation
- Be able to evaluate own ability to manage a project
Managing Information – 4 Credits
- Understand the management of information within the organisation
- Be able to gather and analyse information to make decisions or solve problems in your area of responsibility
- Be able to disseminate information on a management decision, through the right organisational channels
Managing Resources – 4 Credits
- Evaluate the effective and efficient use of physical resources for which you are accountable, in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Understand how to manage physical resources for which you are accountable
- Be able to plan and implement improvements for managing physical resources for which you are accountable
Leading Innovation and Change – 5 Credits
- Understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation
- Be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance
- Be able to lead and manage change within an organisation
Understanding the Organisational Environment – 5 Credits
- Be able to analyse how an organisation is affected by the macro-environment
- Understand the impact of economic and political factors on the organisation
- Understand the legal environment within which the organisation operates
Becoming an Effective Leader – 5 Credits
- Understand own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role
- Use theories of emotional intelligence to review the effect of emotions on own and others’ performance
- Be able to evaluate own ability to lead others
Managing Recruitment – 5 Credits
- Understand human resource planning in an organisation
- Explain the role and relevance of human resource planning in own organisation
- Be able to plan and implement recruitment n line with legal and organisational requirements
Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance – 6 Credits
- Understand leadership styles within an organisation
- Be able to review effectiveness of own leadership capability and performance in meeting organisational values and goals
- Be able to adopt an effective leadership style to motivate staff to achieve organisational values and goals
If you would like to know more about the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, read through the rest of the tabs below or get in contact with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, get in touch with our expert Course Advisors for a free career assessment and advice on the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks which will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome, thus giving you the best possible chance of passing your essay-based assignments at the end of each unit.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources for ILM Level 5 assignments, including guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors, who will provide personal constructive and practical feedback. After receiving this feedback, you will have the opportunity to re-submit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
We deliver our ILM management qualifications through vocational courses which are fully regulated by Ofqual. Vocational courses are specially designed to give you relevant and transferable skills, to give you the right grounding for a leadership role in the ‘real’ world.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because DLC is Ofqual regulated, you can be assured that every single qualification we produce is high quality and fit for purpose.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management can be compared with a Foundation Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND). However, studying a Level 5 ILM course online with DLC allows you to study in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
To see ILM Level 5 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full, download our qualification framework.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate will require approximately 130 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 18 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and our team of expert tutors, who are dedicated to your success.
At DLC, we pride ourselves on being the most flexible distance learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need extra study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If you are unable to pass your course first time for any reason, you can resit the whole study period free of charge.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may also be eligible for funding. For further information on our ILM Level 5 fees, our payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
At Distance Learning College (DLC), we offer more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we offer is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, with marking opportunities and constructive feedback on every piece of work you submit—not just your final assignment. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors. Simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation and helping you manage your studies, to give you the best chance of successfully completing your ILM Level 5 Certificate.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, giving you maximum flexibility. You can revisit your course materials and study guides as often as required; simply log into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the leadership and management tutors and your personal mentor, giving you unlimited access to their expert guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
The DLC support package is unrivalled—we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 5 Certificate can progress onto the ILM Level 5 Diploma. We are the only distance learning provider approved to deliver the ILM qualifications at a diploma level, meaning we can support you all the way through your career development journey.
When taking this route, the Certificate counts towards the credits you need to gain the Diploma, meaning you’ll have fewer assignments and units left to complete.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, the ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to successfully secure a promotion from your current middle-management role.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects and expand your earning potential.
get in touch