ILM Level 5 Cost (Diploma Level):
Save £556 this month
ILM Level 5 Diploma
The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 Diploma focuses on key management principles. This course will provide you with the skills to be able to contribute to the development of a strategic plan, design business processes, manage strategic change and provide expert leadership.
Designed for middle-managers seeking the next step of their career, the ILM Level 5 Diploma is the most comprehensive qualification from the Institute of Leadership and Management. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to improve your own leadership performance through action learning, and will become qualified in management problem solving and leadership decision-making skills.
With a study period of 30 months and a recommendation of 370 guided learning hours, the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management is a comprehensive and rewarding course, designed to give you a broad base of the skills required to be a successful senior leader. DLC is the only provider approved to deliver ILM diplomas to managers across the UK, meaning we’re the number one choice when it comes to securing your future.
To successfully achieve the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, you will be required to procure a minimum of 37 credits.
To make up the credits needed to pass, you can choose from the following ILM Level 5 Leadership and Management units:
- Understanding the Management of Facilities (2 Credits)
- Making Professional Presentations (2 Credits)
- Managing Improvement (3 Credits)
- Managing Stress and Conflict in the Workplace (3 Credits)
- Making a Financial Case (3 Credits)
- Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics (3 Credits)
- Managing Customer Relations (3 Credits)
- Managing Work Analysis (3 Credits)
- Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives (4 Credits)
- Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness (4 Credits)
- Developing Critical Thinking (4 Credits)
- Managing Individual Development (4 Credits)
- Managing Projects in the Organisation (4 Credits)
- Managing Information (4 Credits)
- Managing Resources (4 Credits)
- Leading Innovation and Change (5 Credits)
- Understanding the Organisational Environment (5 Credits)
- Becoming an Effective Leader (5 Credits)
- Managing Recruitment (5 Credits)
- Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance (6 Credits)
For full details, read on for more information about each unit or click to collapse this section.
Understanding the Management of Facilities – 2 Credits
- Understand facilities management roles and responsibilities and how they contribute to organisational goals
- Describe the roles and associated responsibilities for facilities management within own organisation
- Understand how to develop a facilities management plan in an organisation
Making Professional Presentations – 2 Credits
- Be able to plan a professional presentation
- Be able to deliver a professional presentation
- Be able to evaluate own ability to make professional presentations
Managing Improvement – 3 Credits
- Understand the effectiveness of the organisation
- Understand own ability to manage and improve quality to meet customer requirements
- Be able to plan and implement projects to meet, and if possible exceed, customer requirements
Managing Stress and Conflict in the Organisation – 3 Credits
- Understand the effectiveness of own organisation in dealing with workplace stress and conflict
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the organisation in recognising workplace stress and conflict
- Be able to improve the management of workplace stress and conflict in own area of responsibility
Making a Financial Case – 3 Credits
- Understand financial concepts used to inform management decisions
- Explain the differences between capital and revenue expenditure
- Be able to make a financial case to inform a management decision
Understanding Organisational Culture and Ethics – 3 Credits
- Understand organisational ethics and culture, in relation to own organisation
- Understand how an organisation’s ethics and culture influence leadership style and organisation structure
- Understand how to leverage ethics and culture to improve organisation performance
Managing Customer Relations – 3 Credits
- Be able to use environmental scanning to find and retain customers
- Conduct an environmental scan of the business environment in which your organisation operates
- Understand how the customer supply chain operates to meet customer requirements
Managing Work Analysis – 3 Credits
- Understand the strategic context and purpose of work analysis
- Be able to conduct a work analysis to improve organisational performance
- Be able to make decisions based on work analysis outcomes
Developing and Leading Teams to Achieve Organisational Goals and Objectives – 4 Credits
- Understand the importance of leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
- Assess the effectiveness of own organisation in measuring team performance against organisational goals and objectives
- Be able to develop and lead teams
- Mechanisms that are used to monitor progress against budgets and their objectives
Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness – 4 Credits
- Be able to assess the organisation’s ability to manage efficiently and effectively to achieve targets and objectives
- Assess own organisation’s ability to translate vision, mission and strategic goals into operational objectives with realistic and measurable targets
- Be able to evaluate own ability to manage efficiently and effectively
Developing Critical Thinking – 4 Credits
- Be able to critically assess own beliefs, attitudes and value systems
- Explain the difference between beliefs, attitudes and values
- Be able to critically assess the validity of management theories in relation to own beliefs, attitudes and values
Managing Individual Development – 4 Credits
- Be able to evaluate individual performance in an organisation
- Conduct a performance gap analysis
- Be able to implement a personal development plan, for an individual in an organisation
Managing Projects in the Organisation – 4 Credits
- Assess the usefulness of project management tools and techniques for managing a project within own organisation
- Be able to manage a project in an organisation
- Be able to evaluate own ability to manage a project
Managing Information – 4 Credits
- Understand the management of information within the organisation
- Be able to gather and analyse information to make decisions or solve problems in your area of responsibility
- Be able to disseminate information on a management decision, through the right organisational channels
Managing Resources – 4 Credits
- Evaluate the effective and efficient use of physical resources for which you are accountable, in line with organisational policies and procedures
- Understand how to manage physical resources for which you are accountable
- Be able to plan and implement improvements for managing physical resources for which you are accountable
Leading Innovation and Change – 5 Credits
- Understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation
- Be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance
- Be able to lead and manage change within an organisation
Understanding the Organisational Environment – 5 Credits
- Be able to analyse how an organisation is affected by the macro-environment
- Understand the impact of economic and political factors on the organisation
- Understand the legal environment within which the organisation operates
Becoming an Effective Leader – 5 Credits
- Understand own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role
- Use theories of emotional intelligence to review the effect of emotions on own and others’ performance
- Be able to evaluate own ability to lead others
Managing Recruitment – 5 Credits
- Understand human resource planning in an organisation
- Explain the role and relevance of human resource planning in own organisation
- Be able to plan and implement recruitment n line with legal and organisational requirements
Assessing Your Own Leadership Capability and Performance – 6 Credits
- Understand leadership styles within an organisation
- Be able to review effectiveness of own leadership capability and performance in meeting organisational values and goals
- Be able to adopt an effective leadership style to motivate staff to achieve organisational values and goals
Improving Own Leadership Performance Through Action Learning – 15 Credits (Available with the Diploma only)
- Be able to use action learning for leadership development
- Explain the responsibilities of an individual within an action learning set
- Be able to plan and undertake activities to develop own leadership performance
If you would like to find out more about the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, read through the rest of the tabs below or get in touch with one of our Careers Advisors.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit of the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management, you will be asked to complete a number of bite-sized tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore will give you the best possible chance of passing your end-of-unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments for the ILM Level 5 Diploma are completed through the DLC Learning Hub, an easy-to-use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of level 5 assignment resources, including a range of tools and guides to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end-of-unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors, who will provide personalised constructive and practical feedback. After the marking and feedback, you will have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
We provide ILM management qualifications through the delivery of vocational courses which are regulated by Ofqual. Vocational courses are specially designed to provide you with relevant, transferable skills, so you can have the best possible grounding for a leadership role in the ‘real’ world.
Ofqual is the government body that maintains standards in education across England. Because we’re Ofqual regulated, you can be assured that each qualification we provide is high quality, and will provide you with the skills you need for your ongoing career.
The ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management is comparable with a Foundation Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND). However, studying a Level 5 ILM course online with DLC offers the chance to study transferable skills in your own time and at your own pace.
Download our qualification framework to see ILM Level 5 equivalent qualifications mapped out in full.
The ILM Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management will require approximately 370 hours of study time. As part of your DLC student package, you’ll receive 30 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and a team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK, and we understand that sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
We understand that paying for a course is an investment, so to put your mind at ease we offer a guarantee. If you are unable to pass your course first time for any reason, you can resit the whole study period absolutely free.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may also be eligible for funding. For further information on the cost of the ILM Level 5 Diploma course, our payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Distance Learning College (DLC) offers more one-to-one support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, and includes marking opportunities and constructive feedback for every piece of work you submit—not just your final assignment. In addition to extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face-to-face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors—get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange this.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly trained in providing motivation, and can help you to manage your studies and create a positive work/life balance. They will be there to help you stay on track to complete your ILM Level 5 Diploma, so there’s always someone to give you support and advice.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home, giving you maximum flexibility. You can revisit your ILM course materials and study guides as often as required, simply by logging into your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform, you can contact the leadership tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their expert ILM level 5 coaching. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with our team for support.
The DLC support package is unrivalled, and we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 5 Diploma with ILM can choose to study strategic management qualifications with institutes such as IoSCM or CMI, which offer level 6 and 7 qualifications aimed at senior leaders.
Speak to a member of our team today on 08000126770 to find out how you can further your career beyond our range of ILM courses.
If you’re an aspiring senior manager, earning a Level 5 Leadership Diploma will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to successfully secure a promotion from your current middle-management role.
Gaining a professional ILM qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career, as well as providing evidence of your ability to be a highly effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects and increase your earning potential.