Save £224 this month
IoSCM Level 2 Award in Management and Leadership
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offer every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional.
The IoSCM Level 2 Award in Management and Leadership is an entry level qualification aimed to give new team leaders, or those aspiring to become a team leader, a solid foundation of knowledge for leading a team in their chosen sector.
IoSCM management qualifications are developed for the wider supply chain, allowing you to customise your distance learning course to your professional needs. With the IoSCM Level 2 Award, you will study mandatory, management-focused units that will provide you with a widespread knowledge of leadership as a whole, introducing you to the fundamentals of management and building your confidence as a leader.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so whether you’re an aspiring leader in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, you can tailor your Level 2 Award in Management and Leadership to suit each sector, gaining relevant and transferable management skills applicable to you and your organisation.
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 2 Award in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete the core unit only.
If you’d like to complete additional optional units, you can do so by choosing the Certificate or Diploma level.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a team leader
- Understand the authority limit and accountability of a team leader
- Understand how a team leader builds a shared sense of purpose with a team
- Understand the importance of effective communication with a team
Introduction to Supply Chain – 10 Unit Credits Values
- Understand supply chains across a range of sectors
- Understand the roles of other organisations in supply chains
- Understand the communication and information sources within a supply chain
Introduction to Warehousing and Inventory – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purpose and characteristics of inventory
- Understand how goods are received in a warehouse
- Understand key warehousing activities
- Understand health and safety arrangements in a warehouse environment
Introduction to Purchasing – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the features of the procurement and purchasing function
- Understand the stages of the purchasing process
- Understand the concept of supply market information
- Understand the requirements and processes of monitoring supplier performance
- Understand the importance of a contract in purchasing relevant to own country
Introduction to Movement of Goods – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how characteristics of goods impact on their handling process
- Understand the concepts of route planning and scheduling for the movement of goods
- Understand the characteristics of modes of transportation
- Understand the role of collection, storage and distribution
Introduction to Manufacturing Planning and Control – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the manufacturing Process
- Understand the role of assembly in manufacturing
- Understand the process of engaging external organisations to participate in the manufacturing process
- Understand the importance of production planning
- Understand manufacturing improvement techniques
Introduction to Logistics – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the function of logistics
- Understand the logistics activities used by organisations
- Understand effective contribution to a business in the logistics sector
Introduction to International Trade and Freight – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand Trade and Freight
- Understand how to identify the goods to be traded
- Understand how to obtain the information on goods being traded
- Understand how to identify, select and recommend suitable modes of transporting goods
- Understand how to identify instructions for goods to be transported
Introduction to Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purpose and functions of a range of business organisations
- Understand the importance of communication skills in a business environment
- Understand the scale and scope of quality management systems
- Understand customer satisfaction
- Understand how to utilise and manage resources safely
Introduction to Customer Service – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles of customer service
- Understand how to meet the needs of a diverse range of customer types
- Understand the organisation’s policies and procedures for developing and maintaining effective relationships with customers
- Understand the importance of evaluating levels of customer service
You don’t need any previous qualifications to enrol in the Level 2 Award in Management and Leadership – your eligibility will be determined by your past and current experience. Studying an IoSCM Level 2 course is the first step towards becoming a manager and is designed for those who are aspiring to make the transition from team member to team leader.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 0126 770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-size tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end of unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub – an easy to use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources, guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end of unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After marking and feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
The IoSCM level 2 management course was designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials that meet National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 2 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Management.
In addition, you’ll also be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 2 in Supply Chain and Operations from SFEDI Awards, who are the Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
The IoSCM Level 2 in Management and Leadership qualification is of the same level as a GCSE graded A* to C or a Level 2 BTEC but studied online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework for a comprehensive outline of each qualification and their equivalents.
The Unit Credit Value (UCV) gives learners an indication of how long the unit will take to complete. For example 1 credit value usually represents around 10 hours of learning.
With the IoSCM Level 2 Award in Management and Leadership you’ll receive 6 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
Finance should not stop you from achieving your career goals, that’s why we offer a range of payment methods including interest-free payment plans. By paying a small deposit and setting up monthly, manageable payments via direct debit you can enrol onto your chosen course straight away.
To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper free and completed entirely online. Our Course Advisors are also here to guide you through the process if needed.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 0126 770.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home offering maximum flexibility.
You can revisit your first class course materials and study guides as often as required, simply log in to your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can also contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Studying with DLC offers more 1 to 1 support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, offering constructive feedback and marking opportunities with every piece of work you submit – not just your final assignment. In addition to the extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face to face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors, simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly-trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to reach your career goals.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 2 Award can progress onto the IoSCM Level 2 Certificate. This certificate consists of more units, giving you a more in-depth knowledge of the core leadership skills required to take the first step into a supervisory role.
Learners can also choose to progress onto the IoSCM Level 3 in Management and Leadership. The level 3 qualification aims to build on existing management skills as well as developing business improvement techniques and motivating teams in order to achieve objectives.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects, allowing you to secure your first managerial position or expand your earning potential through an improvement in confidence and ability as a team leader.
With a IoSCM level 2 management qualification, you can expect to be eligible for the following roles and salaries:
- CUSTOMER CO-ORDINATOR: £17,000
- TEAM LEADER: £15,000
- JUNIOR PURCHASING ANALYST: £14,000
- OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR: £12,000
- OFFICE ASSISTANT: £12,000
*Salaries are based on national averages and may vary depending on location