Save £176 this month
IoSCM Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership Training Course
The IoSCM Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership is designed for team leaders and supervisors who have experience but perhaps no formal qualifications as evidence for their skills and capabilities. It’s also suited to those looking to move up to the next level of management within their organisation.
Developed for the wider supply chain, IoSCM management qualifications allow you to fully customise your distance learning course to meet your professional needs. With the IoSCM Level 3 Award, you will study mandatory, management-focused units through which you’ll be introduced to business improvement, the need for it and the techniques to use in order to implement it in the workplace. You’ll also become familiar with the different functions within a business, applicable legislation and methods of communication.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so whether you’re an aspiring leader in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, you can tailor your Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership to suit each sector, gaining relevant and transferable management skills applicable to you and your organisation.
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offer every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional. Setting the standard for the wider supply chain, the Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership is a highly sought after certificate.
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit.
If you’d like to complete additional optional units, you can do so by choosing the Certificate or Diploma level.
Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand a range of business structures and key business functions
- Understand the legislative issues impacting on organisations
- Understand how to carry out and review health and safety risk assessments
- Understand different types of business communication
- Understand the importance of business planning
- Understand the part human resources plays in a business
Business Improvement Techniques – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the need and application of business improvement within organisations
- Understand the need for training plans in order to identify workplace requirements for improvement
- Understand how to identify the resource requirements, timescales, roles and responsibilities and how to evaluate improvement activities
- Understand the importance of communicating business improvement plans to stakeholders
Leadership – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the attributes and skills of a leader
- Understand leadership styles
- Understand how to develop personal skills to be an effective leader
- Understand the key features of the theories of motivation in a team
- Understand most common challenges that team leaders face
Improving Team Performance – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand theory associated with teams and team development
- Understand how to identify ways to develop teams
- Understand how to lead a team building activity
- Understand how to identify and deal with the barriers to team effectiveness
Customer Service – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to identify both internal and external customers
- Understand how to analyse the concept of ‘Moments of Truth’ in relation to the service cycle
- Understand how to enhance the customer service experience
- Understand the importance of having policies and procedures to deal with customer complaints
HR Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the part that human resources plays in a business
- Understand the role of human resources in the recruitment process
- Understand employee performance management
Warehousing Operations – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles and operations of warehouses
- Understand how to identify the factors that affect the safe operations of a warehouse
- Understand the financial and logistics aspects concerned in warehousing
- Understand how to produce a plan for the receipt and storage of goods
Transport Planning Operations – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role transport plays
- Understand transport policy in relation to current legislation provided within own country
- Understand the use of standardised transport equipment used in logistics
- Understand the links between transport planning and external influences
- Understand how the needs and demand for movement of goods are measured
Supply Chain Operations – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the concept of a supply chain
- Understand the importance of supply chain management
- Understand how to identify risks encountered within a supply chain
- Understand the concept of lean within a supply chain
Purchasing Processes – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to put purchasing into context
- Understand how external factors impact the purchasing process
- Understand operational requirements of the purchasing function
- Understand how to source suppliers
Ports and Shipping – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of different types of ports
- Understand the role of shipping on an international scale
- Understand the main aspects of port development
- Understand the importance of port infrastructure and equipment requirements
Manufacturing and Production – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how manufacturing and production processes are organised
- Understand the techniques used to plan production
- Understand how a business monitors the quality and efficiency of activities in production
- Understand how technology developments impact on production
- Understand how external factors impact on production activities
Logistics – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of logistics
- Understand how to identify the factors that influence logistics
- Understand the importance of appropriate requirements for the development, monitoring and control of logistics protocols
Inventory Processes – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand inventory and the associated process
- Understand stock and the associated processes
- Understand the financial value of holding inventory
- Understand inventory systems
- Understand how modern inventory systems can improve the control of stock
Freight – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role of freight within the supply chain
- Understand how freight operation planning varies for different modes of transport
- Understand how freight operations are regulated
- Understand freight performance control techniques
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-size tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end of unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub – an easy to use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources, guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end of unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After marking and feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
The IoSCM level 3 management course was designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials that meet National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 3 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Management.
In addition, you’ll also be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 3 in Supply Chain and Operations from SFEDI Awards, who are the Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
The IoSCM Level 3 in Management and Leadership qualification is of the same level as an AS or A Level but studied online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework for a comprehensive outline of each qualification and their equivalents.
The Unit Credit Value (UCV) gives learners an indication of how long the unit will take to complete. For example 1 credit value usually represents around 10 hours of learning.
With the IoSCM Level 3 Award in Management and Leadership you’ll receive 6 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper free and completed entirely online. Our Course Advisors are also here to guide you through the process if needed.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home offering maximum flexibility.
You can revisit your first class course materials and study guides as often as required, simply log in to your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can also contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Studying with DLC offers more 1 to 1 support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, offering constructive feedback and marking opportunities with every piece of work you submit – not just your final assignment. In addition to the extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face to face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors, simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly-trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to reach your career goals.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 3 Award can progress onto the IoSCM Level 3 Certificate. This certificate consists of more units, giving you a more in-depth knowledge of the core leadership skills required to take the first step into a supervisory role.
Learners can also choose to progress onto the IoSCM Level 5 in Management and Leadership. The level 5 qualification aims to strengthen and develop your knowledge of middle management by allowing you to focus on specific leadership areas that are applicable to your job.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects, allowing you to secure your first managerial position or expand your earning potential through an improvement in confidence and ability as a team leader.
With a IoSCM level 3 management qualification, you can expect to be eligible for the following roles and salaries:
- JUNIOR PRODUCTION MANAGER: £25,000
- LOGISTICS AND OPERATIONS TEAM LEADER: £21,000
- FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR: £20,000
- WAREHOUSE AND TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR: £19,000
- PRODUCTION CONTROLLER: £18,000
*Salaries are based on national averages and may vary depending on location
get in touch