Save £115 this month
IoSCM Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
IoSCM works to promote exceptionally high standards through the delivery of quality, industry-focused courses across the wider supply chain, making management qualifications from the Institute a highly sought after accreditation. Employers and business, internationally, recognise the realistic and transferable skills gained from achieving an IoSCM qualification.
The IoSCM Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership was designed to develop middle managers in industrial sectors. You’ll study mandatory, management-focused units through which you’ll gain an understanding of the correlation between operations management and strategic planning as well as how operations improvement techniques could enhance competitive advantage in business and understand the key challenges for an organisation.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so whether you’re an aspiring manager in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, you can fully customise your distance learning course to meet your professional needs and become a successful leader.
The Institute of Supply Chain Management (IoSCM) offers every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional.
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit and three optional units.
If you’d like to complete additional units, you can do so by choosing the Extended Diploma level.
Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the process of strategic development in business
- Understand the importance of building and maintaining collaborative business relationships
- Understand how effective and efficient human resource management contributes to the achievement of organisational goals
- Understand the management of finance in business
- Understand how own country’s current legislation impacts on business
Operations Management Processes – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role of operations and operations management within business
- Understand the design of operations processes as well as the design of the products and services that organisations produce
- Understand the correlation between operations management and strategic planning
- Understand how operations improvement techniques could enhance competitive advantage in business
- Understand what is meant by a Management Information System
- Understand the role of a management information system within business
- Understand the relationship between management information systems and business strategy
- Understand how management information systems can drive change within an organisation
Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles of leadership and management
- Understand how management decision making is informed by knowledge and information
- Understand the significance of managing and implementing change in organisations
- Understand the management role in establishing risk management process
Finance Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to gather and analyse costing information from various sources
- Understand how to use standard costing to analyse performance
- Use appropriate techniques to measure performance and manage costs
- Understand how to improve financial performance by monitoring and analysing information
Customer Service – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of managing customer relationships
- Understand how to generate a customer focused culture and seamless service
- Understand how to assess, monitor and improve levels of customer satisfaction
Human Resource Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the meaning and importance of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Understand the meaning and the role of Human Resource Planning (HRP) in organisations
- Understand the meaning of Human Resource Development (HRD)
- Understand the recruitment and selection process
Warehousing – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the need and role of developing an appropriate warehouse policy
- Understand the resource requirements of warehousing
- Understand the basic concept of inventory and develop an inventory strategy
- Understand the relevant legislation applicable to a warehouse
Transport Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the nature and purpose of transport planning
- Understand how historical developments and more recent trends in land use affect transport planning
- Understand how the principles of sustainability are applied to transport planning
- Understand the current trends and causes for transport demand
Supply Chain Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how a supply chain can gain competitive advantage from efficient management and control
- Understand the impact of physical and information flows on the integration and harmonisation within a supply chain
- Understand why supply chains may not always function correctly
- Understand how supply chain planning is achieved from a strategic and operational perspective
Quality Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how to evaluate the range of quality management systems appropriate for use in business
- Understand the advantages of an organisation having a quality management system in place
- Understand the tools and techniques used to manage quality
- Understand how to employ quality management tools and techniques to improve organisational performance
Purchasing Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the key roles and focus of management within purchasing
- Understand the impact of legislation upon the purchasing function
- Understand the importance of building and sustaining collaborative working relationships with suppliers
- Understand how effective negotiation skills contribute to successful purchasing management
Production Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the components of production planning and evaluate its function within a supply chain
- Understand the inter-relationships between production planning, sales planning and forecasting
- Understand the terminology associated with Master Scheduling and basic scheduling concepts
- Understand how manufacturing and control systems have developed historically
Ports and Shipping Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of shipping and international trade
- Understand how business strategy in shipping contributes to growth
- Understand port operations and effective container terminal management
- Understand the concept of agile ports and the key characteristic
Movement of Goods – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles and practices in relation to the movement of goods
- Understand how the characteristics of goods impact on their handling
- Understand the considerations that influence the flow of goods
Logistics – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles behind logistics requirements of a supply chain
- Understand how to schedule logistics operations to meet customers’ needs
- Understand how to optimise the use of logistics operations
- Understand the range of transport modes and their usage within logistics operations
Inventory – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purpose of inventory management
- Understand the principles of the traditional fixed period and fixed quantity models of inventory control
- Understand the impact of inventory management on the supply chain
- Understand how modern inventory systems can improve the performance of stock systems
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-size tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end of unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub – an easy to use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources, guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end of unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After marking and feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
The IoSCM level 5 management course was designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials that meet National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 5 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Management.
In addition, you’ll also be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 5 in Supply Chain and Operations from SFEDI Awards, who are the Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
The IoSCM Level 5 in Management and Leadership qualification is comparable to a Foundation Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND). Studying an IoSCM diploma with DLC offers full flexibility for a qualification of the same level, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework for a comprehensive outline of each qualification and their equivalents.
The Unit Credit Value (UCV) gives learners an indication of how long the unit will take to complete. For example 1 credit value usually represents around 10 hours of learning.
With the IoSCM Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership you’ll receive 24 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper free and completed entirely online. Our Course Advisors are also here to guide you through the process if needed.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home offering maximum flexibility.
You can revisit your first class course materials and study guides as often as required, simply log in to your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can also contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Studying with DLC offers more 1 to 1 support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, offering constructive feedback and marking opportunities with every piece of work you submit – not just your final assignment. In addition to the extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face to face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors, simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly-trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to reach your career goals.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 5 Diploma can progress onto the IoSCM Level 5 Extended Diploma. The Extended Diploma is a much more comprehensive course that covers a more diverse and widespread framework.
Learners can also choose to progress onto the IoSCM Level 6 in Management and Leadership. The level 6 qualification aims to strengthen and develop senior managers, developing key skills and knowledge of business strategy.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects, allowing you to secure your first managerial position or expand your earning potential through an improvement in confidence and ability as a team leader.
With a IoSCM level 5 management qualification, you can expect to be eligible for the following roles and salaries:
- NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER: £40,000
- LOGISTICS AND STORES MANAGER: £40,000
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER: £35,000
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER: £32,000
- PURCHASING MANAGER: £27,000
*Salaries are based on national averages and may vary depending on location