Save £62 this month
IoSCM Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership Training Course
The IoSCM Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership is designed to give new or experienced senior managers the opportunity to progress and develop their career even further, enabling them to become strong and successful strategic leaders.
The diploma is an in-depth and thorough qualification ideally suited to those who work in industrial sectors. The core unit places focus on the fundamental senior management principles and the understanding of how leadership and management techniques impact organisational performance.
To complete the IoSCM Level 6 Extended Diploma you’ll also choose five optional units. It’s recommended that the units you select are specific to the industry you work in to ensure that what you’re studying is relevant to your career and growth. By offering you the flexibility to customise the course to your professional needs provides you with realistic, transferable skills.
IoSCM offers every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional. The high standard set by the institute is internationally recognised, making a Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership a highly sought after accreditation.
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership you will be required to complete one core unit and five optional units from the list below. The Extended Diploma is the most comprehensive course available at Level 6.
Management and Leadership – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the process of management activities
- Understand how leadership and management techniques impact organisational performance
- Understand risk management and how it impacts organisations
- Understand the main factors impacting time management
- Identify organisational cultures
Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Evaluate an organisations ability to operate within its internal and external environment
- Understand how an organisation operates a marketing system
- Understand and interpret information contained within financial documentation
- Analyse the processes involved in change management
Cash Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Use statistical analysis of financial information to prepare forecasts of cash income and outgoings
- Prepare cash flow budgets and assess cash flows within the business
- Evaluate the principles of cash management focusing on legal rules and regulations and government policies
- Evaluate the different ways that a business can raise finance and the basic rules associated with each
Inventory – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the strategic role of inventories in their support of business objectives
- Understand the significance of inventory cost on business performance
- Analyse how an organisation identifies and manages order levels
- Understand ways inventory control may be accomplished within an organisation
Human Resource Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the responsibilities of HRM
- Evaluate how HRM can develop processes and practices to aid business
- Analyse how HRM can aid performance management
- Understand the need and methods available to manage employment relationships
- Understand the need for effective reward management
Operations Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the process of managing operations and people
- Understand what is meant by operational strategy
- Analyse the processes involved in managing people and change in the work place
- Understand methods of managing capacity
Production Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Examine production in relation to the functions of a business
- Understand the requirement of product design and production strategy
- Understand the requirements of location, layout and productivity of manufacturing
- Analyse the requirements for effective forecasting, planning and scheduling of production
- Understand the objectives of purchasing and inventory management
Supply Chain Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand what makes an effective supply chain
- Assess how a supply chain may meet the strategic objectives of an organisation
- Evaluate the value of 3PL and 4PL to the supply chain
- Analyse the causes of supply chain failures and how processes may be improved
- Understand the developments in information technology and their impact on the supply chain
Finance Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand and interpret information contained within balance sheets, income statements and statements of cash flow
- Analyse the cost vs value of developing a project
- Understand the need for financial analysis and how it impacts short and long term business plans
- Evaluate the benefits of mergers and acquisitions in business
International Freight Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the strategic importance of creating an effective international supply chain
- Understand the value of operating a multi-modal freight movement operation
- Analyse the legislative requirements of the international movement of freight
- Understand the alternatives to moving a company’s own and international freight
Logistics Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the key strategic requirements of logistics management
- Understand the physical requirements of setting up a logistic operation
- Evaluate the benefits of the utilisation of different transport modes
- Understand methods of rationalising logistic operations
- Understand the risks associated with logistic operations
Ports and Shipping Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the importance of shipping within the context of globalisation
- Evaluate the value of operating and agile ports
- Analyse the resource requirements of a port operation
- Evaluate the benefits of a containerised shipping operation
Purchasing Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the purchasing environment and how to scan it to fulfil organisational requirements
- Understand how an organisation may determine an appropriate purchasing strategy
- Understand the importance of IT in the purchasing process
- Evaluate the requirements of supplier assessment and performance rating
- Analyse the requirement to provide support tools for the purchasing process
Warehouse Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the ability of a warehouse to fulfil the requirements of business
- Evaluate the benefits of warehouse layout to fulfil specific business needs
- Analyse the important considerations of deciding warehouse location in respect of fulfilling customer needs
- Understand the benefits of employing the services of 3rd party distributors
Quality Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Analyse the characteristics of quality
- Understand how to implement a quality management system
- Understand how a total quality management system may be applied to an organisation
- Understand how the application of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Excellence Model can aid a business
Transport Management Planning – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand need for transport planning as a requirement of economic development
- Identify the requirements of transport within a supply chain infrastructure
- Analyse methods of trip distribution modelling
- Evaluate the benefits of an effective transport policy
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 012 6770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-size tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end of unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub – an easy to use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources, guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end of unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After marking and feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
The IoSCM level 6 management course was designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials that meet National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 6 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Management.
In addition, you’ll also be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 6 in Supply Chain and Operations from SFEDI Awards, who are the Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
The IoSCM Level 6 in Management and Leadership qualification is comparable to a Bachelor’s degree with honours, graduate certificates and graduate diplomas. Studying an IoSCM Extended Diploma with DLC offers full flexibility for a qualification of the same level, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework for a comprehensive outline of each qualification and their equivalents.
The Unit Credit Value (UCV) gives learners an indication of how long the unit will take to complete. For example 1 credit value usually represents around 10 hours of learning.
With the IoSCM Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership you’ll receive 36 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper free and completed entirely online. Our Course Advisors are also here to guide you through the process if needed.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 012 6770.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home offering maximum flexibility.
You can revisit your first class course materials and study guides as often as required, simply log in to your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can also contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Studying with DLC offers more 1 to 1 support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, offering constructive feedback and marking opportunities with every piece of work you submit – not just your final assignment. In addition to the extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face to face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors, simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly-trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to reach your career goals.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the Level 6 Diploma can progress onto the IoSCM Level 7 in Management and Leadership Strategy. The level 7 qualification was developed for directors and senior managers who have the responsibility to translate organisational strategy into effective performance.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects, allowing you to secure your first managerial position or expand your earning potential through an improvement in confidence and ability as a team leader.
With a IoSCM level 6 management qualification, you can expect to be eligible for the following roles and salaries:
- AREA MANAGER: £45,000
- MERCHANDISE PLANNING MANAGER: £37,000
- RETAIL AREA MANAGER: £29,000
- SAP CONSULTANT: £28,000
*Salaries are based on national averages and may vary depending on location
get in touch