Save £120 this month
IoSCM Level 7 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership Strategy
The IoSCM Level 7 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership Strategy was designed to offer strategic leaders and directors the realistic, industry-specific knowledge and skills required to translate organisational strategy into effective performance. The IoSCM Extended Diploma in Management gives you the specific skills that are relevant to the sector you’re working in.
With the IoSCM Level 7 Extended Diploma, you will study mandatory, management-focused units that will enable the learner to demonstrate an advanced understanding of the strategic principles in order to critically analyse, interpret and evaluate a broad range of viewpoints and theories and the reasoning behind them.
You can then choose from a selection of optional industry specific units, so that whether you’re a senior leader in manufacturing, purchasing or ports and shipping, the IoSCM management qualifications allow you to fully customise your distance learning course to meet your professional needs.
The Institute of Supply Chain Management offers every student much more than just a qualification; they provide the opportunity to grow, learn and progress as a professional. The institute sets the standard across the wider supply chain for high quality training and development, guaranteeing your qualification is highly sought after by employees and businesses internationally.
To successfully achieve the IoSCM Level 7 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership Strategy you will be required to complete one core unit and five optional units, providing you with comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of strategic leadership.
Strategic Management Principles – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Evaluate research philosophies and their relevance to business research
- Understand the suitability of planning tools and models used in the creation of project reports
- Analyse the individual components of a project report
Strategic Business Planning – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the development of a strategic business plan in line with strategic objectives
- Evaluate the potential risks that relate to the achievement of objectives when developing a strategic business plan in supply chain operations
- Understand the business benefits of changing and improving supply chain relationships
Leadership and Enterprise – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Analyse the impact of management and leadership styles on staff in organisations
- Understand the relationship between leadership style and leadership behaviour
- Evaluate leadership skills required for different roles within organisations
- Analyse enterprise culture and the characteristics of different entrepreneurs
Global Procurement in Supply Chain – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Analyse the fit of an organisation’s procurement strategy with the organisation’s strategic objectives
- Understand the effectiveness of the requirements within the procurement strategy of an organisation for obtaining the best value
- Analyse the procurement methods and tendering processes employed by an organisation
Manufacturing and Production – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the factors involved making products
- Understand the types of process involved within production
- Understand Risk Management Strategy
Corporate Finance – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the role of corporate finance in relation to the fulfilment of business objectives including mergers and acquisitions
- Understand how to evaluate investment decisions using a variety of appraisal techniques
- Analyse the different elements of treasury and working capital and determine the possible effects on business
Quality Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the benefits and the impact on business of operating a quality management system
- Analyse the application of Total Quality Management
- Evaluate the operation process of managing quality in a business
Entrepreneurship in Business – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand how entrepreneurship can be encouraged within organisations
- Evaluate methods for exploring opportunities and generating business ideas
- Understand how to plan a strategy for a viable entrepreneurial business idea
Change Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Evaluate the factors that drive the need for change in organisations
- Evaluate the relevance of change management models in meeting business needs
- Analyse methods of the implementation of change within an organisation
Principles of Marketing – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the principles and concepts of marketing
- Evaluate the need for an organisation to develop a marketing strategy
- Analyse an organisations ability to maintain a competitive advantage
Logistics and Transport – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the logistics and marketing interface
- Understand costs and performance within logistics
- Understand the concept of lead time
- Understand transport planning in relation to economic development
- Understand the impact of traffic
Ports and Shipping – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand maritime operations in a business context
- Understand the planning process for maritime operations
- Understand maritime resource management
- Understand maritime law
Import and Export – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the key elements of export strategies
- Understand the key elements of import strategies
- Understand the role of third party intermediaries
Strategic Warehousing and Inventory Management – 10 Unit Credit Values
- Understand the requirements of warehouse design
- Understand the organisational requirements, structure and management of a warehouse workforce
- Understand the key regulations of your own country relating to the management of a warehouse
- Understand the key benefits of 3PL and 4PL within the organisational structure of a warehouse
You don’t need any previous qualifications to enrol in the Level 7 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership Strategy, but you should ideally have a strong background in management and be in, or working towards, a senior leadership role. The Level 7 Extended Diploma is designed for senior management professionals responsible for strategic decisions within the business.
If you’re unsure if this is the right qualification for you, our expert Course Advisors offer free career assessments where we will analyse your current experience and identify your career goals in order to recommend the best course for you. Call us today on 0800 0126 770 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Throughout each unit, you’ll be asked to complete a number of bite-size tasks that will be submitted to your tutor for marking. The aim of these short tasks and the tailored feedback you’ll receive is to help you, as a learner, develop at every opportunity. The tasks will ensure that you have a solid understanding of each learning outcome and therefore giving you the best possible chance of passing your end of unit assignment.
All tasks and assignments are completed through the DLC Learning Hub – an easy to use platform that can be accessed at any time. The hub offers a huge library of resources, guides and tools to assist you through your studies.
Once you have submitted your end of unit assignment, that too will be marked by one of our industry expert tutors who will provide constructive and practical feedback. After marking and feedback, you’ll have the opportunity to resubmit your assignment based on their comments and advice.
The IoSCM level 7 management course was designed and developed by industry experts to provide first class study materials that meet National Occupational Standards (NOS).
Through completion of this IoSCM Level 7 qualification, you’ll receive an internationally recognised certification from IoSCM in Management.
In addition, you’ll also be awarded an industry recognised qualification, Level 7 in Supply Chain and Operations from SFEDI Awards, who are the Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation.
The IoSCM Level 7 in Management and Leadership Strategy qualification is comparable to a Master’s degree. Studying an IoSCM Extended Diploma with DLC offers full flexibility for a qualification of the same level, allowing you to study online in your own time, at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home.
You can download our qualification framework for a comprehensive outline of each qualification and their equivalents.
The Unit Credit Value (UCV) gives learners an indication of how long the unit will take to complete. For example 1 credit value usually represents around 10 hours of learning.
With the IoSCM Level 7 Extended Diploma in Management and Leadership you’ll receive 36 months of unrivalled support from an individually assigned mentor and team of expert tutors who are dedicated to your success.
We pride ourselves on being the most flexible learning provider in the UK and we understand the sometimes life can get in the way. For whatever reason, if students feel like they need further study time, we offer a range of course extensions.
Finance should not stop you from achieving your career goals, that’s why we offer a range of payment methods including interest-free payment plans. By paying a small deposit and setting up monthly, manageable payments via direct debit you can enrol onto your chosen course straight away.
To make it even easier to complete, this option is paper free and completed entirely online. Our Course Advisors are also here to guide you through the process if needed.
If your employer is paying for your qualification, they may be eligible for funding. For further information on payment methods or our exclusive training grant, call us today on 0800 0126 770.
Because our distance learning courses can be studied entirely online, you can study in your own time and in the comfort of your own home offering maximum flexibility.
You can revisit your first class course materials and study guides as often as required, simply log in to your customised account on our learning platform. Through the platform you can also contact the subject tutors and your mentor, giving you unlimited access to their guidance and advice. You’ll also be provided with a direct email and telephone number, as well as Whatsapp, Skype and Facetime options, in order to communicate with your support team here at Distance Learning College.
Studying with DLC offers more 1 to 1 support than any other distance learning provider. The learning experience we provide is entirely focused on the development and growth of each student, offering constructive feedback and marking opportunities with every piece of work you submit – not just your final assignment. In addition to the extensive online resources and support, we offer free monthly face to face or online workshops and webinars with our industry expert tutors, simply get in touch with your dedicated student mentor to arrange.
Your mentor will be assigned upon enrolment and will be your first point of contact for all enquiries or support issues. They’re highly-trained in providing motivation, helping manage your studies by creating a work/life balance and keeping you on track to reach your career goals.
The DLC support package is unrivalled – we have a 98% pass rate to prove it.
Students who are successful in the completion of the IoSCM Level 7 Extended Diploma can open up more progression opportunities, such as an MBA. The credits you gain from completing your IoSCM qualification with DLC can be transferred over to certain university courses, giving you a fast track route to further accreditation.
Gaining a professional qualification demonstrates a commitment to your career as well as providing evidence of your ability to be an effective leader. It will enhance your career prospects, allowing you to secure your first managerial position or expand your earning potential through an improvement in confidence and ability as a team leader.
With a IoSCM level 7 management qualification, you can expect to be eligible for the following roles and salaries:
- AREA MANAGER: £45,000
- MERCHANDISE PLANNING MANAGER: £37,000
- SAP CONSULTANT: £28,000
*Salaries are based on national averages and may vary depending on location